If you have 10 sound problems or no sound in Windows, which is either due to wrong audio settings or a faulty or incorrect driver. We show how you sound and sound problems in Windows 10 releases.82426Windows fix 10 sound problems
Windows 10: No sound or sound
If you upgrade to Windows 10, the old settings from the old operating system to take effect. Errors may occur or the wrong driver is installed. That you can do.
- Speaker is disabled or not set as the default
- Wrong audio driver is installed
- Install Sound driver from the manufacturer
- install default sound driver
- Sound problems can be solved with the troubleshooting
- exclude trivial causes
Speaker is disabled or not set as the defaultWindows 10: So you fix the sound problem in the settings.
Under certain circumstances, 10 other devices are set as the source in Windows. So enabled her your speakers and sets it as the default playback device:
- Click the bottom right of the taskbar, right-click on the Speaker icon and selects the entry Playback devices.
- When no speaker entry can be seen in the sound settings, you click the right mouse button in an empty area of the list and selects Show Disabled Devices. Then clicks the right mouse button on the entry speaker and selects Activate out.
- If the speaker entry should not have a green check mark, you click it and click on the button below As standard, to set it as the default playback device.
- Click with the right mouse button on the speaker-entry and selects characteristics out. The window Characteristics of speakers opens.
- Click on the tab extensions and check the box at turn off all extensions.
- Starts Windows 10 again.
Under certain circumstances, your speakers are defective, check this by their connecting them elsewhere. A cheap, simple speakers can be found here:More offers on BestCheck.de
If the sound problem still exists, it often helps to install the sound and audio drivers. In the following video Microsoft gives tips on how you're looking for problems:
40478Windows 10: How to use the device manager to look for audio issues
Wrong audio driver is installed
If the sound in Windows 10 does not work and makes trouble, may the wrong driver is installed. So you installed the right one:
- Opens the Run dialog by her the key combination Windows + R suppressed.
- Is typing devmgmt.msc and confirms the return key. The Device Manager opens.
Windows 10: In the Device Manager updated her your sound driver.
- Opens the list the point Sound, video and game controllers. Clicking over there is double-click your sound card, there may also merely High definition audio device.
- In the new window you choose the tab driver and clicking on the button update driver&# 8230; .
- Selects the new window button Search automatically for updated driver software out.
- If Windows 10 does not find a new driver, you click the Device Manager, right-click at the point Sound, video and game controllers on your sound card and selects the item uninstall out.
- Launches the PC. Windows 10 will install the sound driver.
If you still have sound problems, you can download the latest sound driver from the manufacturer and install or use the default generic sound driver in Windows 10thStart Photogallery(11 images)Windows 10 Problems: The 10 most common mistakes with solution
Install Sound driver from the manufacturerThe Speccy tool shows which audio driver is required.
Under certain circumstances, there is already a new sound driver for your sound card for Windows 10:
- Then searches the Internet on the website of your sound card manufacturer to see if new drivers for your model are present.
- To find out which sound drivers need it, you can download and run about Speccy the free tool.
- If the entry you in Audio does not help, you can also according to your motherboard looking to the find out the specifications of your integrated sound card, if you have installed any extra sound card.
If you have downloaded the correct driver, it executes the EXE file. Under certain circumstances, is the also in a ZIP file that you first need to decompress.
install default sound driverWindows 10: Here you installed the standard sound driver.
So you installed the default generic sound driver in Windows:
- Open the Device Manager.
- In the hardware list you click with the right mouse button on the point Sound, video and game controllers on your sound card and selects the item Update Driver Software&# 8230; out.
- Selects the second option Browse my computer for driver software aus.
- Click on the button below choose from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click on the list on the entry High definition audio device choose.
- Alternatively, you can manually install its own driver. Removed help optionally the checkmark Show compatible hardware. then selects left of the list the manufacturer of your sound card and the associated right model.
If you want to install a very specific sound driver via INF file that is not in the list, you click on the button disk and then on the button Search&# 8230; . Selects the associated INF file and click Open.
Sound problems can be solved with the troubleshootingWindows 10: The Troubleshooter also triggers sound and audio problems.
- pushes the Windows key, to open the Start menu.
- Is typing troubleshooting and clicks on the same entry.
- Click in the new window under the heading Hardware and Sound on the lettering handle audio playback problems.
- Click on the new window Continue and follow the instructions. Bringing together those option speaker off when you are asked for it.
If the above tips could not help the sound works on Windows 10 may even and there are other causes for sound problems.
exclude trivial causes
If you still have no sound in Windows 10, you should also trivial causes of problems examine how:
- The boxes are turned on or broken?
Under certain circumstances, the boxes are broken, check this by plugging ye to another PC where the sound works.
- the audio cable is properly connected into the sockets?
Loose or wobbly cables may cause sound problems in Windows.
- Is the volume set to zero?
In some programs, there is an extra controller for the volume, which is placed under circumstances to Off.