With the Skype Translator you can make calls with people who speak another language. The tool translates spoken words in real time, or displays them as text on the screen. We show how you can activate and Skype Translator in Skype and Windows 10 to disable.
video | Skype Translator demonstration2902Skype Translator Video
The Skype Translator is already integrated into Skype. There you can enable it to make calls with people who speak a different language, you do not understand.
Note: The real-time translation of Skype Translators is now available for everyone: Skype Translator: real-time translation in the video chat (now available for each).Start Photogallery(6 images)The 5 Best Skype alternatives for PC and mobile phone
Skype Translator enable / disable - Here&# 8217; s
To activate Skype Translator, you must first upgrade the program because the translator is added in new versions. Click to the Help menu and select Check the entry for Update&# 8230; and installed the latest version. Then makes the following:
- want to speak with the click on the Skype contact her.
- Top right of the window, a new icon appears under the Create button for video call, calls, and a new group. one small gray globe shows. Click on it.
Skype: Here you activate Skype Translator.
- Set the switch for the Skype Translator On.
- Your phone and the contact is displayed below. In Drowdown menu under I pay your preferred language selects.
- In your phone contact drop-down menu you select the language.
Skype distinguishes between supported languages, which are translated with voice output, and which are translated as text only those. You realize that at the Telephone Handset and speech bubble icon on the languages displayed in the drop-down menu.
The Skype Translator is now activated and switched on. Now you can send or call the person you chat messages. Your text messages shows Skype as usual. Among then the word appears show ratio that you can check how the translated text arrives on contact.
To disable the Skype Translator again, you click again on the globe button and turns the switch to Off.
Skype Translator app in Windows download and activate 10
Google Play Store there is not the Skype Translator. But it can be the preview app from the store in Windows 10 download and use:
- Opens the Windows Store.
- Give into the search bar Skype Translator and click on the entry Skype Translator Preview.
- To install click on the button Free the app. Starts them afterwards.
- Confirms the hints if you agree.
- then selects your language and click Next.
Skype Translator: Selects whether a female or male voice to speak for you in other contacts.
- Select whether you a female (&# 8220; Anna&# 8221;) or male voice (&# 8220; Dirk&# 8221) to represent the real-time translation, and click Next.
- Click the Skype Translator window on the contact you want to talk with.
Skype Translator: Here you activate the translation.
- Situated on the left under the profile picture translation On.
- Among them you can set the language. You notice the following:
- What language you speak and write
- speaks the language of the contact and writes
- Click Next.
- After that you start using the buttons as normal voice or video calls.
Note: Since the Skype Translator is still under development, bugs can occur.Skype Translator translates in real time in different languages. Source: Microsoft
Skype Translator: Supported languages
Currently, Skype Translator supports the following 8 languages for translating telephone calls in real time:
- Chinese (Han, Traditional)
- Chinese (Han, simplified)
The following 40 languages are available for text translation:
- Kreolisch (Haiti)
- Querétaro Otomi
- Serb (Cyrillic)
- Serb (Latin)
- Yucatec Maya
Posted In: software