To install new programs that Windows uses the system service Windows Installer. But what if the error message "Microsoft Installer (MSI) can not be found" appears? We have solutions and tips for you.
The Windows Installer unpacked and installed files in the MSI, MST and MSP format and is usually pre-installed on your Windows system. If it is damaged, misconfigured, or perhaps not installed, error messages appear as "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This may occur when Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Apply to get your local support staff support. ". Whether you use Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10, we have solutions for you if you have problems when installing new programs.
1. Uninstall previous versions
Can you not uninstall because you get the error message of Windows Installer, a new software, you should first uninstall all previous versions of your software.
In the following video you learn how you can uninstall or change 10 programs in Windows:
194446Windows 10: Uninstall programs - Manual
Starts then the computer and tried again aufzuspielen the software to install on your system.
2. Check the location of the Windows Installer
If the file is msiexec.exe here?:
C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ Msiexec.exe
If not, you should repair or MSI reinstall.
Set Startup - 4. MSI
If your Windows Installer does not start, you can set it to start automatically when it is needed. Is as follows:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Goes now administration>services and seek there the entry Windows Installer.
Double-clicks on the "Windows Installer".
- Right-click you can now characteristics Select.
- in the tab General need the startup type to their Automatically put.
Here you change the startup type to "Automatic".
- Now you can reboot and try again to install your program on the computer.
5. Perform virus scan
If your Windows Installer or even other system files are damaged, you should check for malicious software your PC. We've taken the best programs in our antivirus test for you under the microscope.
Here is a selection of the best antivirus programs:
More products on BestCheck.de
6. Repair broken Windows Installer
Under Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 can be repaired her the installer also from the System File Checker. Protected operating system files are automatically checked and corrupted files through a cached copy replaced. How it&# 8217; s:
- Opens the prompt with administrator rights.
Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Click Start, give cmd in the search box, you click with the right mouse button on command prompt andthis leads as an administrator. If necessary, you must enter your administrator password or Allow click.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1: Sponges from the right edge of the screen to the inside and taps Search. Using the mouse, you'll find the search window when you drive with the pointer over the lower right corner of the screen. Looking for command prompt and then click the right mouse button on the entry to these execute as administrator.
- In the command prompt you give sfc / scannow a, and presses the Enter key.
7. Change Registration
If the previous steps do not help, you can watch the Windows Registry (Registry) to change. but you should first back up the current registry so that you can restore the system data if necessary. To change this configuration database of your operating system, you must create a Notepad file (registration file). It works like this:
- Opens the program Notepad. If you can not find it in the programs, you go over begin>Search programs / files and seeks Notepad.
- Opens the program and copy the following text into Notepad:
Then you need the file with the key combination Ctrl + S save and run:
- Saves the file as the file type "All Files (*. *)" Under the name Msirepair.reg
- Right-click on the saved file you can this execute as administrator - where appropriate, you will enter your password.
- confirmed with YES.
- Tried again to install the desired program.
8. Install Windows Installer
Did the previous tricks do not help, you can try a new installation of the MSI. However, you can only download the Windows Installer 4.5 for Windows XP or Windows Vista. The latest version, the Installer 5.0 is not available for download because it is tightly integrated into Windows. 7
Do you have more tips for our readers? It likes to write us in the comments.
Posted In: counselor