Windows 3.1 was one of the first Microsoft operating systems. Meanwhile, you can the old operating system to start the browser and use. We show you how.Windows 3.11 runs in the browser.
To run Windows 3.1, you do not need to install additional emulators. Meanwhile, you can the old operating system Windows 3.1 or 3.11 start the browser and use. While 11.3 you open Windows simply on the website Internet Archive, a non-profit project that aims to archive digital data over the long term and make it available; Windows 3.1 is one of them.
3.1 use Windows browser
To use Windows 3.1 in the browser, making her the following:
- Opens the web page of the Internet Archive with Windows 3.11. The exact name is Windows 3.11 floor installation.
- Click on top of the power symbol, to start the emulator for Windows 3.11 in the browser.
- If you Firefox uses, this asks whether the mouse pointer to the website may be hidden. Does that so you can use the mouse in the emulator window. Presses the Esc key to display the mouse again.
Info: Here you can run it from that time still more associated Windows programs.
In Windows 3.11, the program welcomes you manager. There are the well-known programs:
- Paint brush
- File Manager (File Manager)
- MS-DOS Prompt
- Control Panel (Control Panel)
- Print Manager
- Media Player
- sound recorder
- Games: Solitaire, Minesweeper, Hearts, Freecell
Tip: Windows 95 also can you run in the browser: use the best operating system in the world now in the browser: Windows 95th
Facts on Windows 3.1
- published on 6 April 1992
- 16-bit operating system
- based on MS-DOS
- Updates there were between 1992 and 1994
- required at least a 286 PC with 1 MB RAM
- introduced enhanced support for multimedia
- Support for Windows 3.1 ended on 31 December 2001.
Start Photogallery(14 images)Windows History: The Evolution of Windows 1.0 to 10
Windows 3.11 Conclusion and my comment
My first PC was a 486 at 66 MHz and Windows 3.1. I have become quasi great with the operating system and did it several times shot up. As a child I did not like to read instructions. &# 8220; trial and error&# 8221; was my motto, even though I have always moved me very carefully. Today, you can try out with programs like VirtualBox in operating systems much more aggressive new things, because you can revert to a previous state, the virtual environment over again.
- Install Windows 10 in VirtualBox - Here's
- Install Android in VirtualBox Guide - Step by step
The trip to the well-known Windows 3.1 is nostalgic and surprising at the same time. With how little time has yet been satisfied. I had at that time anyway Internet does not. Today sees the Windows 10 completely different, see: Windows 10: Experience and Conclusion. Nevertheless, the old hand recognize the roots of the operating system in its predecessors to one or elsewhere.
Who has not handled with old operating systems, I recommend it just for fun. One can also show his children and see if they come so intuitively obvious, as in the following video, of course:Did you "Windows 3.1 is available in the browser - Here's" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software