With all the various video and audio formats and codecs, it can happen that your media player outputs an error while playing the file. Here you learn what you can do when a DirectShow decoder missing.Source: vector illustration via Shutterstock
A common error message when the media player is &# 8220; This file contains a title in an unknown format. To listen to the soundtrack of this file you may need to install a DirectShow decoder for this audio format.&# 8221;
DirectShow decoder missing: This can be done
Behind DirectShow infected developed by Microsoft tool to edit with which audio and Videodatieen. Many media players, including Windows Media Player work with the DirectShow decoder.43814Screencast Windows Media Player
- DirectShow was formerly known as Active Movie, or DirectX Media known.
- The service is used for processing video and audio files.
- By DirectShow filter processing can be extended.
- In particular, the lack of sound when video is due to your mistake with the DirectShow decoder.
- Often the lack of a DirectShow decoder when playing DivX streams in the browser expresses.
- For a long time DirectShow component of DirectX, now the service has been implemented directly in Windows.
- DirectShow is shown to you as missing, so a video can not be played, you can download the ffdshow tryouts codec package for Windows.
- ffdshow tryouts supports a number of different video and audio formats, including H.264, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, H.263, VP3, VP6, Theora, MJPEG, SVQ3, MP3, AC3, DTS, E-AC3, AAC , and Vorbis.
DirectShow decoder: Error DivX playback
Alternatively, you can help the download of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, an additional, extensive codec package when an error with the DirectShow decoder occurs on Windows. Furthermore, the use of VLC media player to avoid compatibility problems with several video files suitable. The VLC Player is installed by home directly with an extensive codec package, which is to ensure smooth playback.