After February 28, yesterday, today is not about the March 1 but the 29th of February. 2016 but is therefore not only the year in which sports fans can look forward to the European Football Championship in France and the Olympics in Rio, also represents a leap year. In our guide you learn why there is actually leap years, which under a "leap year "means and when the next dates are.
During a normal year has 365 days, a leap year to 366 days. This means that employees have to work in February a day longer, until it is finally content and students must bring an additional school day behind on Monday 29 February, before the Easter holidays in sight.
calculate leap year and the meaning
- For leap years instead of every four years. The three years in between are called "common year".
- Then February, the shortest month of the year, added to 29 February an additional day.
- In the Roman calendar the "Februarius" was regarded as the last month of the year. Therefore, the extra leap day was placed on the end of this month.
- An astronomical year (a tropical year or solar year), so the amount of time the earth needs to once revolve around the sun, does not take exactly 365 days, but about 365.24219 days and 365 days and six hours.
- This just 0.24 extra days give every four years an extra day.
- Would the additional days absent from the calendar, the seasons would move in the calendar.
- The leap day brings the actual calendar on the state of the solar calendar.
- Due to the small difference there are also the four-year cycle Exceptions to leap years.
- To compensate for minimal variations between calendar time and the solar year, also leap seconds are inserted.
- The last leap second, there were 2015, then the night lasts from June 30 to July 1, a second longer.
calculate leap year: Leap years respectively divisible by 4. The exceptions are the years that are divisible by 100. If the year is divisible by 400. However, at the same time, eg. B. 2000, 2400 or 2800, there will be a leap year, even in such years.
Start Photogallery(11 images)At these 10 signs her fake stores recognizes the Internet
Leap Year 2016. Google can jump the Bunny
Google takes today, special day as an opportunity to place once again a Google doodle on the home page. Temperatures outside let it not yet appear, but on the search engine No.1 bounce today shcon the hare. While two bunnies still enjoying their winter sleep, coming out of nowhere a third animal with the inscription &# 8220; 29&# 8243; for today February 29, the day of the leap year in 2016, herangehoppelt, only to have it then to make between the two sleepers continue sleeping.
Leap Year 2016: List of events
The dates for the next Schaltahre:
|2012||February 29, 2012|
|2016||February 29, 2016|
|2020||February 29, 2020|
|2024||February 29, 2024|
|2028||February 29, 2028|
|2032||February 29, 2032|
|2036||February 29, 2036|
|2040||February 29, 2040|
|2044||February 29, 2044|
|2048||February 29, 2048|
|2052||February 29, 2052|
|2056||February 29, 2056|
|2060||February 29, 2060|
|2064||Feb. 29, 2064|
|2068||February 29, 2068|
|2072||February 29, 2072|
|2076||February 29, 2076|
|2080||February 29, 2080|
|2084||Feb. 29, 2084|
|2088||February 29, 2088|
|2092||February 29, 2092|
|2096||February 29, 2096|
The last leap year 2012 brought some computer systems to falter. On February 29, we learn that the technical equipment of the deviation can withstand this time.
Images: AKV, Milan M, Chris84Did you "Leap Year 2016: Why are there today on February 29, a leap day?" fallen from Martin Maciej?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.