Smartphones are genuine all-rounders. Replace more and more devices that you would like to use at home and at play. The camera was a first step, just like the MP3 player. But clearly: smart phones can do much more. So you can use it as a remote control for Samsung TV or PC. With the Android app Unified Remote, we would like to present a very good way how to control the PC from a mobile phone here.
video | Unified remote
30,300Unified Remote - Promo
There are several apps in the Play Store, all of which are intended to remote control a PC from a mobile phone. The handheld can therefore now also replace the remote control &# 8211; even without IR blaster that not every Android device brings. one is the best or maybe the best app for remote control in our eyes Unified remote. Unified Remote is available for Android and iOS.
order Mobile Phone Accessories Now on Amazon*Start Photogallery(9 pictures)Android 8.0 and iOS Oreo 11 compared why Android still has ahead
control PC with mobile phone: smartphone as a remote control for the computer
The app Unified Remote is available as free Version and full-featured than paid version the Play Store. The name says it all: The app tries to unite as many remotes as possible in a single.
- In the free version, you can resort to 18 remote controls for YouTube, Media Player and Co., in the full version there are over 90th
- The app has widgets that you can create yourself and design.
- In the notification bar of Android is fast-action display.
- In addition, you can control Unified Remote with language and NFC and set IR actions.
First of all, you have the Software for Windows Download. Clear, without software as a server on the PC the whole thing does not work. On the official unified remote side you can you pull free the software.
- The process of installation is self-explanatory and should represent for anyone a problem.
- Next to install the app on his cell phone.
- These can be obtained from the Play Store.
Setting up Remote Control: Windows
Next, you have the Set up a server on the PC.
- Normally, the Unified Remote the Independent WLAN uses.
- the service you start, possibly even sets a password and that's it
Who would prefer to use Bluetooth, you can also do so. Unified Remote also supports also the IR transmitter of smartphones. but since most desktop PCs do not yet have such an interface and WLAN usually a greater range than Bluetooth, we limit ourselves to the wireless connection between the PC and smartphone.
Once you did that, so you start the app on the phone. Here you will be asked first if you have already installed the software on the PC. This we affirm. Then we are almost ready to go.
Setting up the remote control app on the phone
After you have installed the server, it's time to start the mobile app and connect to the server in order to remotely control the PC directly from your mobile phone.
- In the area Remotes their remotes can add, but only if you are also connected to a server.
- Under Servers, you can check the connection to the current PC. Of course you can also create multiple server and then switch from one to another.
- Also interesting is the Status area, where you can check the link more closely and identify possible errors.
- The settings are, after the area in which you can customize the remote to your own needs.
- In addition, you can choose to have the app background further that it is not accidentally killed by Android to run.
- You can also phone the same keep you awake, not to have an extra turn on the screen. The battery is the but certainly not pleased.
Widgets and quick settings in the notification bar can be created with Remote Unified.
The remote controls of the app
As already mentioned, the remote control app Unified Remote truly offers a huge number of remote controls. Most practical us the Standard Media Remote occurred, with which you can control most Media Player problems. But there are for almost every program its own remote control. In addition, you can turn off the PC or monitor even from a mobile phone. Never get up again! But the browser and Windows can be operated easily.
For many, this remote controls should be enough. but the app Unified Remote offers also the possibility to Widgets on the home screen to lay:
Here you have a variety of choices when it comes to commands and appearance. Color, action and icon can be determined freely.
In addition, you can from the app can create URIs, the one then in other programs may include (for example Tasker or NFC Task Launcher) to perform certain unified remote actions. This feature is accessed via the icon of the vibrating mobile phones under Remotes.
Since the possibilities are almost limitless here, I do not want to go into details. There was only so much said that you can make all kinds of commands from Unified perform remote when a certain action is triggered (I refer back to Tasker). NFC tags can be described thus.
And what about you?
Now it's your turn: Could you with our instructions to rebuild the cell phone into a multifunctional remote control for the PC? Are remote controls for the PC is old hat? Have you perhaps found an app that you like even better?Did you "control PC with mobile phone: smartphone as a remote control for the computer (Android + iOS)" fallen by Johannes Kneussel?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.