Users report that after a Windows 10 upgrade their desktop was gone - wallpaper and icons were therefore no longer displayed. We tell you what you can do in such a case.
video | Windows 10: Start Troubleshooting1684892Windows 10 Troubleshooting
If you have installed Windows 10, you may find that after upgrading your desktop icons and the background image are missing. This is a Windows error, which is scheduled to be fixed now. Probably Windows 10 had stored during the update the desktop icons and files in a temporary profile and not properly transferred to the new profile. So you can fix the problem.Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Windows 10: Desktop away after Upgrade - This can you do
If the Windows 10 desktop is gone, you can do the following:
- For many users, it has helped to activate the tablet mode. You can do so via the Info Center by her, it opens with the key combination Windows + A and clicks the tablet mode.
- Expresses otherwise, the key combination Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Typed desktop and pressing the Return key.
- You should now end up 10 in the Desktop folder in your profile folder of Windows.
- Alternatively, you can also open the Explorer and manually to the folder C with Windows + E: \ Users \ NAME \ navigate desktop. Instead of name you choose your username on Windows 10th
Windows 10: When the desktop folder of your profile is empty, the files are deleted.
- Are your desktop icons and files still available there, you should copy it for safety's sake to a different folder. In addition then, it means that a display of the desktop error is present.
- If the desktop folder is empty, the files have been deleted for better or worse.
- while also trying to restart Windows 10th
Windows 10 upgrade will delete desktop files: Missing icons display again
If the desktop icons are gone, you can try to unhide:
- Click with the right mouse button on a blank area of the desktop.
- Selects the item from view, and be sure that before the entry desktop icons show a check mark is displayed. If not, click on the entry.
Windows 10: &# 8220; Show Desktop Icons&# 8221; must be enabled.
- You can do this but otherwise try testhalber to check whether thus make the desktop icons to show it again.
- Next, you can open the Task Manager by pressing her Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Click on More details, if not already done.
- In the tab processes you click with the right mouse button on Windows Explorer and select Restart.
- Get in touch later on Windows 10 and log you again in your account.
- As you fades in the standard desktop icons such as Computer, My Documents, Network again, learn it here: Windows 10, 7, 8: Show desktop and desktop icons.
If nothing else helps, you can restore a previous backup, if you have created one: How do I create a backup before Windows 10 upgrade? - Here&# 8217; s.Did you "Windows 10: Desktop - The TV can you do" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software