Firefox stores your bookmarks in the Firefox profile folder. So you find him.
Firefox: Find bookmark location
Firefox stores your bookmarks in the Firefox profile folder under:
- C: \ Users \ USERNAME \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \ YOUR PROFILE FOLDER
- The name of the profile folder consists of letters and numbers and is different for each person. With us, it is for example "2n0ibsku.default".
- In the folder of your bookmarks in the file places.sqlite stored, including the list of your downloaded files and your visited web pages.
- The folder bookmark backups contains only bookmark backups that invests Firefox at certain times.
View Profile folder (Method 1)
- Give into the Firefox address bar about: profiles and confirmed enter.
- click next root folder on the button open folder.
View Profile folder (Method 2)
- Presses the button Windows + R.
- Give one in the Run dialog: % APPDATA% \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles \
- Confirmed by the Enter key.
View Profile folder (Method 3)So you open the Firefox profile folder
- Click in Firefox the top right of the menu button (three horizontal lines).
- click on Help > Troubleshooting information.
- In the new window you click next profile folder on the button display folder.
In Firefox profile folder discards all other browser settings such as home, add-ons, toolbars, and saved passwords next to your bookmarks. Therefore, it makes sense to the Firefox profile to save now and then, so you can restore all your Firefox settings quickly.
You can also save your Firefox bookmarks manually to restore them later:
- Export Bookmarks: Firefox
- Firefox: Import bookmarks
In this way you your favorite bookmarks transmits to a freshly installed Firefox or to another computer. But it is also about copying the entire Firefox profile, already linked above.
Posted In: software