In Windows 10, a whole series of games no longer work. This also applies to games that use the old copy Securom or SafeDisc. In an attempt to start, there are about the error message is that the secdrv.sys file could not be loaded and you should repeat the process with administrative rights. We show what you can do to gamble your old games.
Video: Problems with Windows 10? So you can fix them!
1685243Windows 10 Troubleshooting
If you get an error message at the start of old games like that secdrv.sys file could not be loaded, the is because these old games use copy protection SafeDisc, 10 but no longer supports Windows. Even games with the copy Securom not work. In Microsoft forum, many users are already complaining about the problem.
Windows 10: game does not start and displays error because Securom and SafeDisc - What to do?Old classic games like GTA 3 may no longer boot Windows 10th Source: gta3.com
Copy protection techniques as SecuROM or SafeDisc write deep into the operating system in order to check whether a game is also original. Microsoft employees Boris Schneider-Johne told in an interview at Gamescom 2015 that Windows 10 but not allow this deep integration of both copy protection techniques for security reasons. That is the reason why old games under Windows 10 does not start.
While you can try to start the game with administrator privileges or run in compatibility mode, but all this does not seem to help. Whether Microsoft will offer an appropriate solution is unclear and unlikely. therefore you currently have 4 ways to gamble your old games yet,
- Checks to see if is to find the game in the digital distribution platform GOG (Good Old Games) *. old classic games are only offered without DRM copy protection on it. DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. Disadvantage: You have to re-purchase your game.
- Look to the Internet if the game developers have already submitted a NO-CD patch. Under certain circumstances, your old game then starts it.
- Leads to downgrade back to Windows 7 or 8 through and gambles the old games there.
- Conveyed to you Windows 7 or Windows 8 one to start alongside Windows 10 either there the old games.
Windows 10 searches for on the PC to illegal games - Disable?Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Windows 10: What games do not work anymore?Even old games like Red Alert 2 will not work on Windows 10th Source: postiar.com
A list of games that allow users to have 10 problems on Windows, you will find in the article Windows 10: These games do not work - Compatibility List. Furthermore, to be affected by the copy protection problem sometimes following games:
- Age of Empires 2
- Age of Mythology
- Diablo 2
- Command & Conquer (several items)
- Battlefield 1942
- GTA 2 and 3
- Gothic 2
- (Heroes of) Might & Magic (several items)
- Mass Effect
- Max Payne
- Medal of Honor
- Myst 3
- Need for Speed (several items)
- Hitman (several items)
- Resident Evil 3
- Sim City (several items)
- Soul Reaver 1 and 2
- Stark Trek (several items)
- Star Wars (several items)
- The Sims (several items)
- Tom Clancy series (several items)
- Warcraft 3
- You do&# 8217; t know Jack 2 and 3
In addition, these games list shows which games come with the copy Securom or SafeDisc and will not work under Windows 10 accordingly. However, this is not complete.
What you should know about Windows 10:
- Windows 10 Price: Windows 7 and 8 users get free update, price of home Edition
- Windows 10: Wireless not working - Here's yet
- Windows 10: Cortana stopped working despite position detection - Here's again
Posted In: software