In the free image editor Gimp her color images can make black and white very quickly. We show in this guide how to do this in several ways.
Video Tip | Gimp tutorial in 2 minutes6639Short Introduction to the GIMP
Black and white images seem calmer and more aesthetic than color images, if it is implemented correctly. In Gimp her black and white images can easily convert from color images.
Gimp: create black and white image
To create in Gimp black and white images, it proceeds as follows:
- Opens Gimp and pulls your image with your mouse in the program window.
- Click on the menu bar colors desaturate &# 8230; ,
- The picture will be displayed in black and white and a small window will open.
Gimp: Here you have to create a black and white image from a color image.
- Make sure that the check mark is set for preview.
- Now you can determine the gray value of brightness, luminance and average.
- Depending on how your image is constructed, sometimes one or the other mode looks better in black and white.
- Selects a mode and click OK.
Now we still recommend adjusting the brightness and contrast of the image. So you can better bring out the subject of your image:
- Click on the menu bar colors, brightness / contrast.
- now playing around with the controls for both values.
Gimp: A black and white picture is usually better with more contrast.
- Often the picture looks better when more brightness prevails and the contrast is increased. Thus, it has more &Bite; # 8220&# 8221 ;.
- Click OK.
Alternatively, you can also make the following way black and white you your picture.
Gimp: making picture black and white
So you can make the image in Gimp and black and white:
- Open your image in Gimp.
- Click with the right mouse button into the picture and chooses colors desaturate.
- Goes before as described above.
- The following video shows the method again vividly.
Posted In: software