Internet Explorer was sent by Microsoft recently retired. After more than 20 years, Microsoft Edge replaced him. The browser of Microsoft have never been closely allied with the Mac from Apple. We tell you if you can still use on the Mac the new browser or the old Explorer.
Buy Windows 10 on Amazon*
If one had to the relationship between the Internet Explorer and Mac OS from Apple describe - the word &Love; # 8220&# 8221; certainly would not fall into this context. With the unveiling of the revised browser to listen now to the name Microsoft Edge, the company also clarified that the browser would not run on Android, iOS or Mac OS. But a few detours it works nonetheless. As you Edge or an older Explorer version can install on Mac OS, we will tell you.
install Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer for Mac &# 8211; How it works&# 8217; s
Caveat: A truly convenient solution does not exist, if you want to install Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer on a Mac. A free way Microsoft Edge to bring on Macs running the virtual machine that Microsoft itself available on its website:
- In the first step you invite you Virtual Box for free.
- Is now on Microsoft's website for the Virtual Machine.
- There you will select OS Mac, take the first drop-down menu, &# 8220; MSEdge on Win10&# 8243; and &# 8220; VirtualBox&# 8221; in the second menu.
- After you load down a .zip file that is several GB.
- Unzip the file and opens the virtual disk file in VirtualBox.
- Click on the setup of the device settings &Import; # 8220&# 8221 ;.
- When the process is done, you see the data at a glance &# 8211; chooses &# 8220; IE11 &# 8211; Win10&# 8243; and clicks &# 8220; Start&# 8221 ;.
- The Virtual Machine invites now and opens a Windows 10 user interface using which also can use their Microsoft Edge.
- The virtual machine may at any time be terminated by rebooting again.
VirtualBox &# 8211; So easy you can install Windows 1096975VirtualBox - so easy you can install Windows 10
Internet Explorer for Mac as a long-term solution
Granted, a really satisfactory solution is not yet available for this problem. The Virtual Machine allows rather to take the browser times for some time more closely. For permanent use the resource usage of the virtual machine is too high and the required memory space of just 11 GB pretty much. The best way to use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge is, and remains, a PC with Windows operating system.
Buy Windows 10 on Amazon*
more on the subject
uninstall Internet Explorer
Set home page: Guide for Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer has stopped working: Solutions
Posted In: software