In Windows 10 to change the own MAC address, is not always easy. If it does not work with standard tools, you can do it with a free software. We show you can change 10 in this guide how you get your MAC address in Windows.
video | 4 Networking Tips as a problem solver721699network Tips
In Windows 10 each NIC (network adapter) has a unique identifier to which it can be identified: the MAC address. You may be able to change with Windows tool when the driver of your network card supports. Otherwise, a free tool helps. We show you both ways.
If you want to find your current MAC address, look over here: Find MAC Address: So you determined your physical address. Bear in mind that each network adapter has its own MAC address. So if you use a network card and a wireless USB stick, you have consequently two MAC addresses.
A MAC address consists of 12 characters each 2 pairs separated by hyphens. An example: 01-50-8B-40-12-00
Windows 10: Change MAC Address - Here&# 8217; s
To change your Windows 10 MAC address, it goes as follows:Windows 10: You can change her your MAC address.
- Opens the Run dialog by her pushing the key combination Windows + R.
- Typing ncpa.cpl and confirmed with the Enter key. Your network connections, the network adapter are displayed.
- Selects the combination of, want to change their its MAC address and clicking the right mouse button.
- Selects Disable.
- Click with the right mouse button again on the connection and will open the properties.
- In the Advanced tab you're looking for in the list after the entry Network address or network address. Clicks on it.
- On the right side you can in value, then enter a new MAC address and click OK.
Note: Under certain circumstances, your network adapter does not support changing the MAC address in this way. Then the mentioned entries to enter manually a MAC address corresponding missing. In the event a free tool helps as described below.
- Activated then your network connection by right-clicking and selecting Enable.
Windows 10: MAC Address change with tool
When the upper guide does not work for you, you can change 10 your MAC address in Windows using the free tool Technitium MAC Address Changer:
- Invite you download the software from this website.
- Extract the ZIP file and performs the contained .exe file to install Technitium MAC Address Changer.
- Opens the program.
- Selected at the top of your network connection, its MAC address want to change it.
The tool change your MAC address in a few steps comfortably.
- Below you can assign an own MAC address in the Change MAC Address. Alternatively, you let a randomly generated, by clicking on the adjacent button Random MAC Address.
- If you want to have the change permanent, a check mark is at Make new MAC address persistent.
- Finally click on the button below Change Now.
Restore original MAC address
The original MAC address stores the tool. So you can restore your original MAC address quickly: Select the appropriate connection to and clicks on the button Restore Original.
Posted In: software