It took a long, now it's finally here: talking about the KitKat update for last year's top model Huawei Ascend P6. The update to Android 4.4 is obviously the time being distributed in the Netherlands, but the provided firmware for all of Western Europe is determined, so that other regions can expect a speedy availability.
End of May, Huawei had sought a beta tester for the Ascend P6 firmware - well, a few weeks later, the final KitKat version of the Ascend P6 (test) is available for installation. The update is distributed OTA (Over-the-Air), is 789 MB in size and was apparently released on 11 June. Simply because of the size of the software should be downloaded via WLAN possible.
The update to Android 4.4 brings many new features in KitKat with it, such as better memory management, the white-gray icon in the notification bar and possibly an improved battery life. Huawei also updated with the update its own user interface Emotion UI from version 1.6 to 2.3.
By Huawei brings the firmware Huawei P6 UO6 Western Europe following with it:
- New filters for refining photos.
- Photos can now be watermarked.
- Improved Phone Manager, which can increase performance and optimize energy efficiency and can be adjusted to the files.
- When entering the PIN code does not have to be pressed on the OK button, if the code is entered correctly.
- Incoming messages, missed calls and more can be displayed directly on the lockscreen.
We did not Ascend P6 with us in the newsroom, so we can not verify that Android 4.4 is ready even in Germany to install. Since there are already making the rounds in the Netherlands, it will be very soon available also in neighboring countries with security.
Have you already received the update? Speak and experience please the comments.
Source: DroidApp [Thanks for the tip on stefab]
Posted In: Android