From Ubuntu 16.04, the taskbar or the Unity Launcher can be moved easily down. To a single terminal command enough. We reveal in this tip on how you get the taskbar in Ubuntu at the bottom of the screen.
Video: Classic Start Menu and Unity Settings - More tips for Ubuntu
104034Classic Start Menu and Unity settings - Tips for Ubuntu
The taskbar or the Unity Launcher has been for what felt like an eternity always at the left side of Ubuntu. From Ubuntu 04.16 you can move him down so that more similarity to Windows is. There has this been going for some time.
- Ubuntu 4.16: Release Date and new features are there
- Move Windows taskbar: easy and fast (manual)
Ubuntu: Move Taskbar down (Unity Launcher) - Guidance
To move in Ubuntu taskbar down you go as follows:
- Opens a terminal with the key combination Ctrl + Alt + T.
- Typing the following command and pressing the Return key: gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Launcher launcher-position Bottom
- Ubuntu moves the Unity launcher now down to the screen.
Note: The whole thing only works on Ubuntu version 04.16. So you should make sure that you take advantage of this at least.
You can the Ubuntu taskbar do with the dconf Editor:
- Opens Gnome software.
- Searches for dconf editor and installs it.
- Starts it and navigate to the directory com, canonical, unity, launcher.
- Changes the value in launcher-position on Bottom.
Move Unity Launcher again to the left: Ubuntu
If you want to move to the left the Unity Launcher in Ubuntu again, making her the following:
- Open a terminal as described above.
- Typing the following command and press the Enter key: gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Launcher launcher-position Left
- Ubuntu now uses the Unity Launcher from the bottom back to the left side.
What you should know about Ubuntu:
- install Ubuntu in VirtualBox - Here&# 8217; s
- Update Ubuntu - Here&# 8217; s
video | Running bash on Ubuntu on Windows5247Running bash on Ubuntu on WindowsDid you "Ubuntu: Move Taskbar down (Unity Launcher) - Here's" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software