OS X 11.10 El Capitan Clean Install: Create a bootable USB flash drive (step by step)Sven Kaulfusson 10/01/2015 at 17:57
OS X 11.10 El Capitan we will only be downloaded from the Mac App Store, but who among others wants to make a clean installation (Clean Install), which must create a bootable USB flash drive. We explain the procedure step by step and clearly.
1 of 15
OS X El Capitan: Advantages of bootable USB sticks
The preparation of bootable USB flash drive for OS X 11.10 El Capitan, as it did previously for OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X offers 10.9 Mavericks and Co. several advantages. to name example:
- Also without an Internet connection we can make the actual installation of OS X 11.10 thereafter. Useful for multiple machines - for example, in the corporate environment in companies.
- A Clean Install leaves a newly attached computer. Any problems are so resolved and not "dragged" by a normal update.
- obtain compatible Macs without system directly a current OS X 11.10 El Capitan - a previous installation of an update possible (Mac) OS X is eliminated.
First of all: size USB flash drive and other recommendations
even before we start some important information. The USB stick should be a Storage capacity of at least 8 GB** have - bigger is possible, but not less. Alternatively, we can SD cards and external hard drives or SSDs * * use. But be careful: All data on it still being irretrievably lost. A backup in advance is recommended. Worth reading: A look at our general preparation instructions, before we proceed, following the installation later.
- For more tips and tricks? Current Action: Handbook OS X El Capitan as e-books at a budget price of only 3.99 euros (exclusive to readers of GIGA APPLE and only until 10/05/2015)
Cancel Automatic installation of El Capitan: Step 1
After we downloaded OS X 11.10 El Capitan from the Mac App Store, the installer will open automatically. Very important: This we conduct explicitly not! Instead, we stop (Command + Q) and click NOT "Continue".
Note: Users of GIGA-APP please click on this URL of the article, to view the photos of the pictures below.
125317See OS X El Capitanback to articleNext photoComments on this PhotogallerySven Opinion of the author:
Do you prefer this type of installation, or "ironed" you just enjoy it and not create a USB stick?
- Log In
- OS X 10.11
- OS X 11.10 El Capitan Clean Install: a bootable USB Stic ...
Posted In: APPLE