In addition to numerous Sony devices, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 3 now also receives the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the first nightly builds of Android 5.0 on based CyanogenMod 12. We explain the installation and help in future CyanogenMod updates.
In addition to the devices listed below, the CyanogenMod 12 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note. 4 As it is with so-called CM-nightly builds around the first of its kind for the Samsung phablet, minor bugs in these versions might still stuck. It is decidedly to this country spread device model SM-N910F with Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC.Also worth reading: CyanogenMod for the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S3
For the following Samsung smartphones CyanogenMod 12 is already available as a nightly build:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini 3G (serrano3gxx)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (trltexx)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (KLTE)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (mondrianwifi)
CyanogenMod 12 for the Samsung smartphones &# 8211; installation
Although Samsung smartphones that are compatible with the CM-installer, which takes over the flashing to non-rooted phone but it only installs snapshot versions that have not yet been published by the CyanogenMod 12th Therefore, it must be by Odin first a Custom Recovery installed before you flash the custom ROM, we recommend TWRP. The following steps are required for installation:
- Create backup of all important data - all data stored on the device will be lost when flashing.
- Download and unzip Odin
- Copy the .zip file of the CyanogenMod nightly build to the device
- Download Google Apps and also copied to the device
- Download the compatible with Odin TWRP-tar file (link leads to TWRP file of Note 4)
- If the Samsung USB drivers have not been installed:
- If necessary, remove gravel, restart computer, download and install Samsung drivers
- off Samsung smartphone and with the simultaneous pressing of "volume down", enabling power and home button in the download mode
- Start Odin ( "Run as Administrator" right-click on the EXE file ⇒) with administrator privileges and connect device via USB cable to the PC
- In ODIN on "PDA" and selecting that ensure TWRP file that just is "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" selected
- start the process and restart the phone after successful completion.
- Switching off again by simultaneously pressing the "volume up" enable power and home button in recovery mode
- Select "Wipe". hook "system", "cache", "Data" and "Dalvik Cache" &# 8212; In this process the data stored on the device data is lost!
- Now switch to TWRP main menu and install on "Install" the CyanogenMod archive &# 8212; perform selbiges with Google Apps
- After that, the smartphone can be started and the CyanogenMod 12, and the Google Apps (Play Store, etc.) should have been installed successfully.
The process you do not repeat each time for future CyanogenMod nightly builds. We recommend to update CyanDelta, in another article, we give instructions for performing updates of CyanogenMod.Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 4 at Amazon*
Posted In: Android