Nvidia Shadowplay is a useful program with the record their gameplay videos and you can demonstrate your superior video game skills in the world. In the following article we present the main features of Nvidia Shadowplay and show you how you used the tool.
Buy Now GTX 980 graphics card*
Video editing programs and software for recording gameplay videos, there are a few. The most famous capture tool Fraps is certainly, and there are special recording hardware, which is comparatively expensive. For some time, the graphics card manufacturer Nvidia offers another alternative Fraps named Nvidia Shadowplay. The free tool uses the built-in modern graphics cards De-Encoding and hardware to gameplay sequences recorded.Start Photogallery(11 images)Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire: Comparison of the best set-top boxes
Nvidia Shadowplay - System Requirements
Nvidia Shadowplay is part of the software GeForce Experience, with which you can configure graphics settings for games and automatically update your Nvidia graphics drivers. In addition to version 1.7 of GeForce Experience Nvidia Shadowplay requires the following system requirements:
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista (DirectX 11 required as a runtime version)
- Windows XP SP3 (only driver updates)
- at least 2GB system memory
- Intel Pentium G Series, Core 2 Duo, Quad Core i3, i5, i7 or higher
- AMD Phenom II, Athlon II, Phenom X4, FX or higher
- at least GeForce GTX 650
Hard disk space:
- at least 20 MB (for the program)
- additional space is needed for capturing videos
Nvidia Shadowplay - so you use the tool
Nvidia ShadowPlay is configured via the user interface of the GeForce Experience software (see figure below).
- Start by visiting riders Nvidia Shadowplay and give under path to a location for your videos.
- Also, you can set whether the Shadow Play icon is displayed during recording. Click Settings.
- In the following menu you can adjust the video quality of the recording, also you have the choice whether you want to record without sound, only games sounds or game sounds with the microphone (for live comments).
Recording modes Nvidia Shadowplay
For the recording mode Nvidia Shadowplay offers three options:
- How it works: Nvidia Shadowplay starts and stops recording when pressed
- Command: Alt-F9
- Suitable for: targeted intake of certain scenes Games
- How it works: Nvidia Shadowplay takes the last 20 minutes
- Command: Alt-F10
- Suitable for: recording of random, funny, absurd scenes Games
Twitch (from Shadow Play Version 1.8.1)
- How it works: Nvidia Shadowplay streams directly to Twitch.TV
- Command: arbitrary, must before you sign up you with your Twitch account
- Suitable for: Twitch live streams
- Learn more about Twitch found here: stream with Twitch.tv: how it works
How much memory consume the videos?
The size of the recorded video depends logically strongly on the selected quality level. Compared to the memory hogs Fraps Nvidia Shadowplay but extremely economical thanks to the regular video compression. 3 minutes gameplay consume in the highest quality level require about 1.1 GB, in the middle stage 500 MB and lowest settings only around 350 MB - which is almost 10 times less memory than when recording with Fraps!
That might also like:
- What to look for when buying graphics card? - Fast and easy
- record PS4 and make gameplay videos, tutorials and Let's Plays itself
Image Sources: Nvidia
Posted In: software