If your iPhone 5 will not charge, then that could be due to a defective Lightning port. We show you in a detailed video on how it substitutes for your charging socket. In our Photogallery we show you all also in short form.12987Switch USB charging socket - iPhone 5
- 1 Difficulty: Moderate
- 2 iPhone 5 Changing charging socket: Recommended Tools
- 3 Step 1: Remove Pentalobe screws
- 4 step 2 &# 8211; open display
- 5 step 3 &# 8211; Loosen display
- 6 step 4 &# 8211; Remove flat cable
- 7 step 5 &# 8211; Remove metal plates
- 8 step 6 &# 8211; Remove screws
- 9 step 7 &# 8211; solve flex cable
- 10 step 8 &# 8211; Remove speaker
- 11 step 9 &# 8211; loosen flat cable
- 12 step 10 &# 8211; solve WLAN cable
Reason: Not for hobbyists, but doable for anyone with a little technical skill.
iPhone 5 Changing charging socket: Recommended Tools
- Plastic spatula *
- iSesamo or other thin metal spatula *
- Phillips screwdriver *
- Pentalobular screwdriver *
Step 1: Remove Pentalobe screws
- removing the two screws on the bottom with a Pentalobular screwdriver.
step 2 &# 8211; open display
- To open the iPhone, you have to carefully lift me a sucker the display.
- As soon as a small gap is formed between the frame and display, you can get the display from its anchoring with a metal or Plasikspatel.
- Tip: Once completely outside driving around with the plastic spatula.
- DANGER: The best way to work with plastic, because otherwise you can make scratches in your frame.
step 3 &# 8211; Loosen display
- Remove the three screws on the metal cover.
- Remove metal cover.
step 4 &# 8211; Remove flat cable
- Loosen the three ribbon cables from the motherboard.
- Here necessarily work with a plastic spatula. When metal is a possibility that you present your connections injured.
- Laying display to the side.
step 5 &# 8211; Remove metal plates
- Loosen three screws.
- Remove metal plates.
- DANGERIf you want to work on the safe side, then now disconnect the battery.
step 6 &# 8211; Remove screws
- Remove 7 screws.
- DANGER: The screws necessarily sort appropriate since they have different lengths.
step 7 &# 8211; solve flex cable
- Carefully remove with a thin blade, the connecting cable from the Home button.
step 8 &# 8211; Remove speaker
- Lift the speakers carefully at the bottom of the housing.
- Now pull back out.
- DANGER: Speaker infected with a small nose under the motherboard. Necessarily, to the left as seen in this picture, pull out.
step 9 &# 8211; loosen flat cable
- Loosen the ribbon cable from the motherboard using a plastic spatula.
step 10 &# 8211; solve WLAN cable
- solve the WLAN cable with a plastic spatula carefully from the motherboard.
continues&# 8217; s at page 2&# 8230;
Posted In: iPhone 5