If you want to access in Windows 10 to a shared network folder of a different PCs using Windows Explorer, you can connect as a network drive that folder. Then you do not have to go via the point &Network; # 8220&# 8221; navigate. We show you in this guide on how to do it.Windows 10: The network drive appears in Windows Explorer.
Windows 10: Network Drive - Here&# 8217; s
To map a network drive in Windows 10, do you do the following:
- Opens the Explorer by her press the key combination Windows + E.
- Click with the right mouse button on this PC and selects the item Network Drive&# 8230; out.
- Selects the new window which drive letter is to have the network drive.
- Click on the Browse button&# 8230; ,
Windows 10: Here you select the shared folder on the network drive.
- Windows 10 now displays all discovered devices in the network. Selected for example from a PC to see its shared folder.
- Selects a folder and confirmed with OK.
- If you want to automatically restore the network drive each time Windows starts is to restore at registration, tick the connection.
- If you have to register at the respective network PC with other login data, the corresponding check mark sets the entry below.
- Click Finish.
- Windows 10 is now created in Windows Explorer left under This PC the selected folder as a network drive. Under certain circumstances, you must enter even in a small window user name and password to access the folder of the network PC. Usually these are the login data with which you sign up also on the network PC.
About this drive link you can now quickly access the appropriate network folder without having to navigate past the point network by network devices and their shared folder.Start Photogallery(14 images)Windows History: The Evolution of Windows 1.0 to 10
Windows 10: Disconnect Network Drive
To disconnect the network drive again, you click it in Windows Explorer with the right mouse button. then selects the entry from separating. The network drive is then gone.
Windows 10: network drive is not (error)Windows 10: On the release could not be accessed.
If Windows 10 can not create the network drive, the error appears that could not be accessed on the network share. Checks in the case, if you have permissions to access. That you can configure it in the settings of the shared folder of the respective network PCs.
In addition, you should check her your network settings and see if the PCs can be found on the network each other. If you use static IP addresses, are possibly change it necessary.
In addition, you can help the following products:
- Network setup on Windows 7, 8 and 10 (including home network): How it works
- Windows 10: No access to network files and folders - Here&# 8217; s yet
- Companion phone: Windows 10 to synchronize with Android phone and iPhone - Here&# 8217; s
Posted In: software