Difference: iPhone and smartphone – explains Easy

Everyone knows the terms &Smartphone; # 8220&# 8221; and &# 8220; iPhone&# 8221 ;. But is not that the same thing? - Not quite. We explain the differences between Apple's iPhone and smartphones from Samsung, HTC, Google, Microsoft and Co.

21402412 iOS tips you should know

Difference: iPhone and smartphone

Apple users have iPhones and Android users have smartphones like some people think. However, it describe the following mnemonics better:

  • IPhone is a smartphone, but not every smartphone is an iPhone.
  • An iPhone is a smart phone with the operating system iOS.
  • The main difference between iPhone and Smartphone is the user interface (operating system: Android vs. iOS).
An iPhone is a smart phone with the operating system iOS.An iPhone is a smart phone with the operating system iOS.

Here we explain the differences in more detail:

iPhoneSmartphone
operating systemiOS (Apple)iOS, Android, Windows Mobile 10
Hardware ManufacturerAppleApple, Google, Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Motorola, LG, Microsoft, etc.

The above table makes it clear: Apple is a manufacturer who builds not only the hardware (Apple smartphone) under his own name, but also develops the associated mobile operating system iOS it. To stand out from the rest of the smartphone market, Apple has their phone, after which only iOS is running as a brand &# 8220; iPhone&# 8221; called. The other smartphones are developed by different manufacturers that rely largely on Android.

What are the consequences?

Apple is also responsible for hardware and software of its smartphones, which can have a big advantage (for the manufacturer). Functions can be easily integrated (or removed), regardless of other circumstances. Unless Apple adds value over the other smartphones its buyers that no one can be so easy to copy, the manufacturer has a monopoly in this respect.

Smartphone manufacturers that rely on Android, adjust their operating system version even at, but are profound changes that relate to the interaction between hardware and software, not so easy to enforce. but Android users themselves have the advantage that they can adjust the operating system very flexible due to root on the other hand: What is the root? - Advantages & Disadvantages explained.

What is better?

Basically, the question can be answered like this: May you prefer the user interface of iOS or Android? Because technically, to the iPhone and Android smartphones do not differ much today. For Android smartphones have you give a wider choice of hardware - from low end, about mid-range and high end.

Start Photogallery(10 images)Top 10: The best camera smartphones

iPhone vs. Smartphone market share

Apple's iPhone was in the 4th quarter of 2016 global market share of 18.3 percent, according Statista. The remaining 81.7 percent is the other smartphone manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, Microsoft and Co.

Apple's worldwide market share in smartphones hovering around the 15 percent mark.Apple's worldwide market share in smartphones hovering around the 15 percent mark.

If the global distribution of mobile operating systems you look at smartphones, Android has the largest market share of around 85 percent. Apple's iOS moves as 14 percent.

Apple has a market share of around 14 percent among smartphone operating systems. According to forecasts, it should stay that way.Apple has a market share of around 14 percent among smartphone operating systems. According to forecasts, it should stay that way.

Summary: comparison between smartphone and iPhone

In summary, easy to remember as mnemonic that iPhone smartphones, but with iOS instead of Android. In addition, Apple has in the smartphone as well as the operating system an approximate market share of roughly 15 percent. The rest are basically Android smartphones that are built by different manufacturers.

Did you "Difference: iPhone and smartphone - explains Easy" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.

14.11.2017

Posted In: Android

map