The Apple Watch is no alternative? Not necessarily, there are already some smart watches that work with the iPhone and iOS 7 or iOS. 8 However, the approaches could not be more different - our overview.
The best alternative to Apple Watch:25905Apple Watch alternatives
Who cares as iPhone users and potential SmartWatch buyer looks at a Moto 360, LG Watch R or Sony SmartWatch 3, which is disappointed afterwards. An alternative for iOS users are pretty this Watches with the operating system Android Wear namely not, refuse simply cooperation. While Google wants to make long term Android Wear for other smartphones with alternative systems available. Currently, this is only lip service. Succeed, this will not fully also because restrictions on iOS and Co otherwise require.Currently wishful thinking: Smart Watches like the Moto 360 Android Wear refuse to serve on the iPhone.
Nevertheless, they exist: Smart Watches which also already together be used with the iPhone. But they are actually an alternative to the upcoming Apple Watch? Let's find out ...
- Page 1: Pebble SmartWatch
- Page 2: Withings Activité Pop and Wittings Activité
- Page 3: Wellograph, Alcatel Onetouch Watch and a Conclusion
Pebble: The seasoned pioneer of Smart Watches
The Pebble - emerged from a Kickstarter project of the year 2012 - is considered today as a classic and "prototype" of all Smart Watches. There are now next to the original model nor the Steel version. Technically this the actual Pebble, but packaged in an attractive metal housing. By vibration, text or alarm the Pebble informed * the support of incoming calls, e-mails, calendar entries, Facebook and Twitter messages. Even weather data are available. In addition there are over 5,500 apps and dials - a well-developed ecosystem.
Not least because of their monochrome e-paper displays shines it with a very good battery life - up to seven days The Pebble comes out without a new power supply. Fitness functions have now been submitted, so the Pebble acts as a step and calorie counter (by Jawbone app), Sleep Tracker (by Misfit app) and floating computer (Swim.com). A heart rate monitor and Co's not due to lack of sensors though.
Important to know: During the year, a completely new Pebble will come on the market. Unfortunately, detailed information, not there's.
Why the Pebble?
- many supported Apps and therefore possibilities of application
- now also suitable for fitness use,
- waterproof up to 50 m
- E-paper display can be read even in direct sunlight
- better mileage than the Apple Watch (7 days)
- cheaper than the Apple Watch (from about 130 euros)
What speaks against the Pebble?
- only monochrome display without touchscreen
- new model in development, so you buy a "trade-in"
Buy Pebble: Prices
Meanwhile, the Pebble * be purchased directly in Germany, an import is no longer necessary.
- Pebble Smart Watch (black version) from Amazon * (About 130 euros)
- Pebble Smart Watch (white version) from Amazon * (About 130 euros)
- Pebble Smart Watch (red version) from Amazon * (About 130 euros)
- Pebble Steel smartwatch from Amazon * (About 230 euros)
- Pebble Brushed Stainless Steel watch from Amazon * (About 230 euros)
On page 2: Withings Activité Pop and Wittings Activité ...
Posted In: APPLE