Windows 10 comes standard with black Taskbar and Start Menu dark. but you can also activate a dark design, the so-called Dark Theme. This window will appear in Windows 10 in a dark look. We show how you can enable or disable it.
Windows 10: Dark Design activate (Dark Theme) - Guidance634206Windows 10: Dark Design activate (Dark Theme) - Guidance
With activated Dark Theme window appear in Windows 10 with a dark background. The Dark Theme is especially helpful at night, when the eyes are more sensitive to brightness.
Tip: As you generally adjust other designs in Windows 10, you read here: Windows 10: Change Design - how it works.Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Windows 10: Dark Design activate (Dark Theme)Windows 10 with activated Dark Theme.
To activate the Dark Theme in Windows 10, do you do the following:
- Click with the right mouse button on an empty desktop area and selects the Customize entry.
- Clicks left on the menu item colors.
- Scroll down and activated under mode select the option darkness.
Windows 10 will automatically switch the window colors from light (white) to dark (black).Windows 10: Here you activate the dark Design (Dark Theme).
Note: This function is available from the Insider Build 14,316th If it is not already shown to you, you have to wait a bit until it is released for regular Windows users via update or her get in touch for free as Windows Insider on, see What is the Windows 10 Insider Program? - Easily explained.
10 Windows: Dark Theme disable - Here&# 8217; s
To disable the Dark Theme (dark mode) again, does it proceed as described above. then selects but under mode select the Light option.
Windows 10: Dark mode activated at the Registry
In the past, the dark mode was initially enable only through the registry in Windows 10th However, this was still a pre-release version. For this ye are carried out as follows:
- Presses the key combination Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Typing regedit, and pressing the Return key.
- Navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Themes \ Personalize.
- If the key Personalize should not exist, you click with the right mouse button on the folder Themes, selects the item New, Key and name the new key Personalize.
- Click on the folder Personalize, right click on a blank area and select the entry New, DWORD (32-bit). Forgive as the name AppsUseLightTheme.
- Double-clicks AppsUseLightTheme and forgive the value 0, if not already done.
- Repeat steps 4 to 5 for the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Themes \ Personalize
- Starts Windows 10 again.
Now, if you open the settings for example, with Windows + i, Windows 10 displays them in the Dark Theme. However, the Dark Theme does not apply to all folders and programs in Windows 10th
What you should know about Windows 10:
- Windows Change lock screen 10 - Here's
- Windows 10: Change profile picture - Instructions
- Windows 8 / Windows 10: Lost password - So you come back inside