In this guide, we offer a guide to writing essays. The essay may be literary or scientific nature, it is concise in its core and demanding nature. Here you can inform yourself quickly as you must do if you shall write an essay.
The essay is a relatively free written memoir of a particular issue, which can be literary or scientific nature. What is required is the critical and subjective examination of the subject. The topic should have a current subscription, or be of current relevance. Task of an essay is not only to inform the reader on an issue, but rather to encourage him to think and to throw it to lead to a point of view or issue a different look. For this, the essay should not be too long and sustained by a certain lightness. There are essays that:
- solve a particular problem.
- judge a situation or judge.
- undergo a known opinion on an issue of critical examination.
1. Important characteristics of essays
- long usually between 5 to 8 pages.
- Follows a clear narrative and has a comprehensible, straightforward reasoning.
- Precise and formulated scarce.
- Subjective opinion - as with a statement &# 8211; contain.
- Details can be included as long as they are beneficial to the line of argument. Important should be separated from the unimportant.
- Footnotes are not common, sources need not be named in the text, at the end of the essay is a literary directory. Your own thoughts and should be clearly recognizable as such by other authors.
- It is NOT about a topic or an issue to DESCRIBE but to DISCUSS. For this you must have dealt to you before writing already intensively with the topic.
- Also, the essay should run along the classical division parts: introduction, body, conclusion.
The essay: Texts and materials for teaching*
2. should you consider when writing
Suppose you have to your topic 15 found interesting books and articles and you end up about 7 appearances in the local selection. There is a bit of work, but a perfect preparation for your essay, if you make the first step abstracts of the most important books. In this way you have a better overview of the various views and information that affect your position in the essay and justified.
Created you as you wanted a concept that you may not end up at the end somewhere else originally. Remember that text you encourage them to read and which bore you. The introduction is very important because it draws the reader into the text or keep it from getting any further.
Read some essays about to get a feeling of how this type of text effect on you and around you abzuschauen stylistic details. A very famous essay writers from the past is Michel de Montaigne, whose lyrics are very opinionated and entertaining. The Kindle version of its Essay Edition can download it currently free *. Enzensberger *, Adorno *, Walter benjamin* or Sibylle Berg are also very estimated essay writers.
3. Basic stylistic tips
- Avoid filler words!
- Avoids the nominal style and instead uses verbs!
- Searches for precise expressions rather extravagant statements.
- Avoids too dry and scientific-bellied style.
- You can also use rhetorical questions to involve the reader more.
- Let proofread your results and check for spelling errors and weak in content.