If your old SIM card is too large, you can tailor them for a new smartphone into a micro- or nano-SIM to keep them viable. We show how this works and what you should pay attention to their case, so you do not make the SIM card broken.
Video Tip: The SIM card sizes162945SIM card sizes
Whereas previously the mini-SIM was standard, have new smartphones nowadays mostly smaller SIM card formats such as Micro or nano. For maximum compatibility, many manufacturers now offer mutli-SIM cards. You can the right size then simply break out a plastic template. If you want to use old but to large SIM cards in new smartphones, you have it previously cut manually in a smaller format.From left to right: SIM card, mini-SIM, Micro-SIM and nano-SIM.
SIM card sizes in comparison: Micro, Mini, Nano, all formats - images seriesStart Photogallery(9 pictures)Google pixel 2 XL with inferior display? Compared with the competition
SIM card cut: This information must be observed!
The following should definitely consider it if you want to cut a SIM card:A SIM card punch is easier to use. Source: Amazon*
- Older mini or micro SIMs have a slightly larger chip and can not be easily put on the nanoscale. Checks the with you before using templates and comparing!
- If you tailoring wrong, the SIM card slot may damage the phone.
- Who does not want to cut with scissors, the SIM card may have a SIM card punch * use.
- Backs up your contacts, if you have that stored on the SIM card: Synchronize Android contacts: from SIM card to&# 8217; s Google Account.
- You take for the procedure, the full responsibility. Improper and careless application of the SIM card may become unusable. A risk, there is always.
SIM card cut (Micro & Nano) - GuidanceA SIM card can be tailored with mask on a smaller size.
If you want to cut a mini SIM card to micro or nano format, proceed as follows:
- Prints the following SIM template from a DIN A4 format. More information about the template is available here: Nano and Micro SIM Template: PDF to print in the download.
- Make sure that the document is not warped or is scaled so that it is printed in in original size (100 percent scaling).
- Cut the template required and tape them to the back of your SIM card where no contacts.
- Cuts to the SIM card along the inner black edge with a good, sharp scissors. With also some contacts are cut in certain circumstances, which is not bad.
- For fine work we recommend something sandpaper (100 grit or slightly more).
- Removes the template and glue residue and then check carefully whether the SIM fits into the smartphone.
- Make sure that no plastic crumbs fall into the device.
SIM card cut failed: SIM broken or I do not trust myself - what now?If the SIM broken, there are still HIlfe. Bidlquelle: Shutterstock &# 8211; MyImages &# 8211; Micha.
SIM cards are quite stable. If your SIM card is but broke down during the procedure or you do not dare, we show you here, as you still get a suitable SIM card:
- Have you cut off too much for the micro format slightly, but the SIM still works, can you hone them to the nanoscale and then with your SIM card adapter * make bigger again.
- If the SIM has been damaged or her they want rather not cut yourself, you can order a new SIM matching with your wireless service provider.
- Many mobile phone shops or electrical specialty stores like Media Markt and Saturn * * offer to be there to cut the SIM professional.
What does a new SIM with the providers?
- A new SIM card costs at Telekom 29.95 euros, if you have a contract with prepaid you pay 22.50 euros *.
- When Congstar an exchange costs EUR 14.99 *.
- Vodafone is 25 euros *.
- O2 would like to have 24,99 euros for a swap *.
Posted In: Android