IPv6 is a newer Internet protocol, can be clearly identified with your Internet devices such as PC, smartphone and Co.. You can disable IPv6, however, in Windows or activate. We show how to do this for individual network interface cards.
video | 5 Tips for Windows 101789517Five tips for Windows 10
The new Internet protocol IPv6 allows more IP addresses, so each device can be identified with an Internet connection. You can IPv6 in Windows as follows on or off. What is IPv6 exactly you learn in the article: What is an IP address?Start Photogallery(5 pictures)install the .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10
Disable IPv6 - Manual
To disable IPv6, you go into Windows as follows:
- Presses the key combination Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Typing ncpa.cpl and confirmed with the Enter key. The network connections with the individual network adapters open.
- Click your network card via which you are on the Internet, with the right mouse button and select the entry Properties.
- Scroll down a bit and remove the check mark next to the entry Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP / IPv6).
- Confirms the operation with OK.
This approach can make it for each network adapter.
Note: Internet providers are switching to the IP protocol IPv6. Yet you can go be with IPv4 on the Internet. Later, it could happen that this is no longer possible and you need an IPv6 capable router with associated LAN cables. In that case you would have to re-enable the IPv6 Internet protocol.
Enable IPv6 - Here&# 8217; s
To enable IPv6, you can proceed analogously to the above instructions and place a check mark in front of the IPv6 entry in Windows. Alternatively, you go as follows:
- Open the Control Panel: Windows 10: Open Old Control Panel - Here&# 8217; s
- Click Show below the lettering Network and Internet View network status and tasks.
- Selects left the entry Change adapter settings from.
To activate, click the adapter settings to IPv6 at the selected network card.
- Click with the right mouse button on your adapter and select Properties.
- Examined in the list, select Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP / IPv6), and places a check mark in front of it. Click OK.
What you should know about IP addresses:
- Fritz! Box: find IP address and change
- Hide IP address: Three ways to hidden surfing
Posted In: software