In Windows 10 you can change certain system settings in the BIOS, for example, the boot order of drives during system startup. It does not matter whether you use a modern UEFI BIOS or an older legacy BIOS. We show you on this guide as you come quickly and easily with Windows 10 into the BIOS.
Video: Five tips for Windows 10
1790332Five tips for Windows 10
The BIOS is responsible for initializing the hardware on your computer and manage certain settings. If you, for example, change the boot order of drives, speed up the clock speed your CPU or slow down or want to switch off the onboard graphics card, you need to enter the BIOS and activate the appropriate settings.
Windows 10: Start BIOS
In Windows 10 to start the BIOS works basically the same as in previous operating systems. You call the BIOS on the boot screen that is displayed for a few seconds after activation of a switch.To enter the BIOS, you press the button for the Setup menu
- Turns on the computer and waits see the boot screen and the BIOS beeps until her.
- then press the key to open the setup menu.
- In the above example is the delete key (English: Del) &# 8211; but also the F12, Esc key or another function key may be, depending on the system.
- Then you come into the BIOS.
- If it did not help you this article: How do I get into the BIOS - Windows XP, Vista, 7. The solutions shown there also work in Windows 10th
Tip: The UEFI motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H is suitable for high-performance Intel processors and offers you an almost perfect board at an affordable price.Best on BestCheck.de
Windows 10: UEFI BIOS or legacy BIOS?
In conjunction with Windows 10 often emerges the term UEFI BIOS on &# 8211; is meant a newer version of the BIOS, which has a graphical user interface and can be operated with the mouse. UEFI is also designed specifically for 64-bit operating systems and features with the Secure Boot feature an additional safety interface that is already off malware at startup.
- On modern motherboards (from about 2014) is increasingly used UEFI &# 8211; but your Windows 10 machines must support not necessarily UEFI.
- Looks to in this article to find out in Windows 10, which runs PC interface.
- Ultimately, it depends on the hardware, especially your motherboard BIOS that you use.
- Do you still have an older BIOS on the motherboard, one speaks of a so-called legacy BIOS.
- The basic functions are the same for both BIOS versions, but there are also some important differences
UEFI BIOS call in Windows 10
In addition to the above-described method from the home screen are available in Windows 10 are two other ways the BIOS call, namely directly from within the operating system. Either via the menu Update and Recovery or directly in the login screen.
In the Update and Recovery menu
- Click on the desktop to the Windows icon (bottom left) and select the Start menu, select the Settings item.
- now the option chooses Update & Restore.
- Here you will find the menu item recovery &# 8211; click it once.
- Bottom right you now see the headline Start Extended &# 8211; below that is the button Restart Now.
- Click once on the button and the computer is started with the Advanced Boot Options
- option selects troubleshooting on the following screen.
- then selects Advanced Options.
- Last clicking on UEFI firmware settings and confirms once again start with new, to enter the UEFI BIOS.
In the login screen
The UEFI BIOS can you also start the login screen. so goes&# 8217; s:
- If you are in the login screen you give not your access password, but click on the button on-off.
- then start clicking New on the option while her the Shift key (Shift) pressed hold.
- Subsequently, the UEFI opens.
Windows 10: View Performance Index - Here&# 039; s
One final note: The BIOS can make your critical system settings that correspond to your computer if improperly configured heavily affected and can render it unusable completely. Before you vornehmt any changes, you should take a so well informed about the consequences.
If any problems after changing the BIOS settings occur may help only to reset the BIOS. The article BIOS Reset: Reset to Defaults told you how to do it. We also show you how you can flash a BIOS.Did you "Windows 10: Start bios and change settings - Here's how" fallen from Selim Baykara?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software