If you the error &# 8220; Steam_api.dll missing&# 8221; gets displayed the corresponding game does not start in Steam. We show you cause and remedy the error and can as you fix it.
If the error in Steam &# 8220; Steam_api.dll missing&# 8221; shows up, which is very annoying. We show what you can do to solve the problem.
Steam_api.dll missing - cause and solution to the Steam error
If the Steam_api.dll file is missing, this can have several causes. The following solutions can you work off until the problem is solved:Steam updates fix bugs with games.
- First checks for updates to the Steam client available. Search click of Steam in the top left of the menu item Steam and selects the entry After Steam Client Updates&# 8230; out. Install updates, if present, and checks to see if the game works now.
- Includes Steam, open the Start menu and type in Steam. Hold the left Ctrl and Shift key and clicking on the link found same to start Steam in administrator mode. Verifies that the game will now start without error.
- Click on the Steam library with the right mouse button on the game with the errors and selects the entry properties. Click on the tab check local files and click on the button game files for errors&# 8230; , If necessary, correct the error with the Steam_api.dll.
Steam: Here you check the game on errors.
download Steam_api.dll manually and copy the game director
If Steam still indicates that the Steam_api.dll missing, you can also download it manually and copy the appropriate Windows directory. so goes&# 8217; s:
- Opens the web page and upload the dll-files.com Steam_api dll down you.
- Open the C: \ Windows \ system32 and copy the .dll file into it. Checks if the game starts now.
- Otherwise, you copy the .dll file even in the games directory. Opens to the Steam folder where your games are stored. The default directory for this is: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common
Also read this: find, manage and change the Steam folder.
- Opens the folder of the game, indicating the fault.
- Copy the file Steam_api dll in the directory. If a file of the same name there already exists, it ensures advance to another location before it overrides.
- Checks if the game starts now.
Steam: The Steam_api.dll file has been copied to the game directory.
- If the error is still there, it copies the DLL file also to the following directory: C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64
- Checks whether the error &# 8220; Steam_api.dll missing&# 8221; now is gone.
Steam_api.dll missing - install the game and Steam newly
If the error of Steam_api.dll file still exists, you can still try:
- Uninstall the game. Will seek to ensure your savegames not to delete.
- Installed the game again.
- If the error persists, uninstall Steam and installed the client on afterwards. Read this: uninstall Steam &# 8211; Instructions and tips.
Start Photogallery(14 images)Windows History: The Evolution of Windows 1.0 to 10
Contact Steam Support
If all else fails, turn ye best at the Steam Support and report what game caused the error and what solutions there is to it. Login you see the website of the Steam support one, if not already done. Follow the instructions on the screen. The following information can you please also indicate, if possible:
- When and in which game the error occurs with the file Steam_api.dll?
- Attach screenshot of the error message.
- Specify what you have already tried everything to her.
What you should know about Steam:
- The Steam Controllers Reviewed: Is it worth the purchase?
- Steam In-Home Streaming &# 8211; this brings&# 8217; s and so is&# 8217; s
Posted In: software