The error 0x800f081f indicates that a file on a Windows update is missing or defective. In addition, sometimes the error occurs when you install .NET Framework 3.5. We show how you can fix it.1685101Windows 10 Troubleshooting
- 0x800f081f: Fix Update Error
- 0x800f081f: .NET Framework 3.5 - fix bugs
0x800f081f: Fix Update Error
Damaged or missing Windows files can be repaired or restored it with the maintenance tool DISM. Does the following:
- Open the Start menu and type CMD on.
- Keep the left Ctrl and Shift keys depressed and click on the search result cmd.exe. This you start the command prompt with admin rights.
- Now type in the following commands in sequence and confirms each with the Enter key:
- DISM.exe / online / cleanup-image / Scan Health
- DISM.exe / online / cleanup-image / Restore Health
- The first instruction to scan for errors, whereas the second repaired.
- If all is successful, the command executes: sfc / scannow
- Then you look for in Windows for updates again.
If, you receive the error message that not found the source files were, you need a Windows 10 CD or ISO:
- Invite you an ISO file of Windows 10 down and burn it on a CD or create a USB stick.
- alternative can you 10 include the ISO file as a virtual drive by you clicking on them with the right mouse button and Windows Provide chooses. The contents of the file you then in Windows Explorer (shortcut: Windows + E) this PC appears as a drive.
So can be integrated as a drive 10 an ISO file in Windows.
- Now you must also specify the path to the files in the repair DISM repair command.
- These files are in the Windows 10 ISO file in the path: E: \ sources \ install.wim
- The Drive letter E replaced her through your displayed drive letter in Windows Explorer.
- The entire command is in our example:
dism.exe / online / cleanup-image / Restore Health /Source:wim:E:\sources\install.wim:1 / Limit Access
DISM is run from the source of the Windows 10 ISO file.
- Runs the command sfc / scannow and starts the Windows update again.
0x800f081f: .NET Framework 3.5 - fix bugsThe error code 0x800f081f while .NET Framework 3.5 should be installed.
If you .NET Framework 3.5 from the Windows window Programs and Features want to install, the error 0x800f081f may arise. Similar to the above error, you can also install this from a Windows installation media from the software:
- Sets the Windows disc or ISO into a drive and starts the command prompt with administrative privileges (see above).
- Now give the command:
Dism / online / enable-feature / feature name: NetFx3 / All / Source: D: \ sources \ sxs / Limit Access
- Replaces the drive letter D by your drive is in the with you the Windows installation media.