The "MSOCache" folder is generated by Microsoft Office during installation procedures to store files that are required for the installations. The folder can take quite a lot of space, sometimes about 1.5 GB. Therefore, many are wondering whether you can move or delete it. What purpose the cache collection has ever, it is also an important question. Here you learn what you need to know and how loswerdet her the folder.720484Microsoft Office Excel Word Promo
MSOCache - Function
Who in Windows via the "Control Panel" folder option "Show hidden files, folders and drives" has chosen, can see the MSOCache folder. This does not need you right for running Microsoft Office programs. However, Do you want a program to repair or expand Office initially tried to use in the folder. Deletes her this, the installation CD of Office will in future be required to:
- Installing service packs
- Installing patches
How do I delete the folder?
- Click the bottom left of the Windows icon, then "Control Panel."
- Select "Appearance and Personalization," then "Folder Options."
- Click on the "View" tab.
- the option selected under "Advanced Settings" "hidden files, folders and drives View" and click "OK".
- the Windows key down and tap on the F key.
- Give one as the search term "MSOCache".
- Click with the right mouse button on the corresponding search result and deletes the folder.
The steps above are applied to Windows 7. These differ in other versions of Windows.
How do I move the folder?
Do you want to move the cache collection, you should use a specialized program on it. The jv16 PowerTools program finds the cache files and bring them to the
desired new destination.
Download jv16 PowerTools free
On the subject
- Cache: What is it and what can I do with it?
- clear the DNS cache: Windows
- manage and delete the Adobe Flash Player cache
Posted In: software