To Windows 7, it was possible using HyperTerminal to configure devices via the serial interface. In certain cases, the lack of hyper terminal in Windows 7 makes itself felt, so that one has to resort to ways to nachzuinstallieren HyperTerminal, or must find alternatives.
In Windows 7, you have the possibility of similar functions via remote shell to perform. This approach suggests Microsoft also even from his website.
Features HyperTerminal in Windows 7
- In order to complete the HyperTerminal tasks in Windows 7, Windows RS (Windows Remote Shell) is used.
- Opens this prompt and give the command winrs /? On.
- Alternatively, you can use their Telnet. The program allows to establish connections between computers over the Internet.
- A 1: 1 replacement for HyperTerminal on Windows 7, however, does not offer the tool.
install Hyper Terminal on Windows 7
If you have access to a Windows XP version, you can install HyperTerminal in Windows. 7 Copies of Windows XP following files in the shared directory C: \ Windows \ System32 (32-bit) or C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 (64-bit):
If that copying the files is too cumbersome, or who has any version of Windows XP on the computer can access alternatives to the following HyperTerminal:
- HyperTerminal Private Edition
Putty is a free SSH, Telnet and Rlogin client for Windows. With the small tool a secure and encrypted connection between different computers can be established. By means of text-based emulation can thus be directly execute commands on the remote system.
Who HyperTerminal used for troubleshooting modems, 7 can also perform the necessary settings in Windows directly from the Control Panel.
- Click this, click "Start"
- Opens the "Control Panel"
- Searches for 'Phone and Modem "
- Click on "Phone and Modem"
- Take the appropriate settings.
On the subject:
- Windows 8 downgrade to Windows 7
- Touchpad Enable the notebook
- Project management tools. Web-based, with Wiki, task scheduling and more
- bigger screen: the key combination for Windows
- Windows 7 to factory settings - even without CD