In Windows 10 you can use live wallpapers. These are short desktop videos that are played in the background in an endless loop. The fact is: The desktop background is moving. We show how you can set up a live wallpaper in Windows 10th
If you set up a live wallpaper in Windows 10, moves your desktop wallpaper. This can for example be a flowing waterfall or an animation of a planet rotates with day and night cycles. In the video of the YouTube channel "JLETek" you can see what it looks like:
10 Windows: use live wallpapers
To use a live wallpaper in Windows 10, it does the following:
- Invite you download the DeskScapes tool and install it.
- Bringing together those option 30 day trial out. This is the free, 30-day trial.
- Give a valid e-mail address during the installation. You will then get sent an email that you must confirm her with the included link.
With DeskScapes you get yourself animated or video wallpaper on the desktop.
- Now you can choose from a gallery of live wallpapers. DeskScapes distinguishes between:
- Dynamic Dreams
- hybrid Dreams
- You can change the upper left as needed between the categories by clicking the button. You recognize videos as well as at the small picture icon in the preview image.
- Just choose a background from which you like, and click on the button Apply to my desktop. Thus, the live wallpaper is displayed on your desktop.
- In the Tabs Settings and Effects can you adjust for some background images how the animation should look like; about large or small snowflakes etc.
- If you want to have more wallpaper, you click on the button at the top left and selects the entry: Download more backgrounds from WinCustomize&# 8230; .
- If you want to set as your desktop wallpaper own video (MP4, etc.), you click on the icon at the top left and select Folders, add new folders &# 8230; . then give the location of your videos that will contain DeskScapes.
- If you have a video background selected and set up, you can re-close the DeskScapes window.
convert video as a live wallpaper
- Do you have videos, the format does not recognize DeskScapes, upload your video on this website in an MP4 file to convert.
- Tip: You can set up the wallpaper alternatively as a screensaver. Click of the small arrow on the button Apply to my desktop and selects Apply as my screensaver.
Live desktop wallpaper without additional software?
Also in 2016, there are in Windows 10 no native function to set video as a live wallpaper without additional software. So you needed for further programs like DeskScapes, see instructions above.
About the VLC player you can use as wallpaper and video basically. However, while the desktop icons are not displayed and the VLC player must be permanently open. A free and optimal solution is not yet known to us. If you have one, please let us know in the comments.