In Windows 10 Microsoft's own antivirus called Windows Defender is enabled by default. We show how you disable the Defender or the Windows Defender Security Center.
In the video, you see how to disable the Defender in Windows 10 - with case Creators update:2900So you disable the Windows Defender in Windows 10
10 Windows: disable Defender
- If you own a virus scanner installed in Windows 10, Windows Defender automatically disabled in general.
- You can find him or deactivate the Windows Defender Security Center manually.
- We do not recommend a complete uninstall.
Defender disable in Settings
In the settings, the Windows Defender can only briefly deactivate:
- Presses the button Windows + i, to open the settings.
- Navigate to: Update and security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Click on on the left Shield icon and slightly lower on Settings for virus & threat protection.
- Sets the switch at Real-time protection and Cloud-based protection on Out.
disable via Group Policy
From the Creators Update can you the Defender in Windows 10 also disable Pro to:
- Presses the key combination Windows + R, to open the Run dialog, typing gpedit.msc on.
- In Group Policy Editor, you navigate to: Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Defender Antivirus.
- In the right pane, double-click its entry disable Windows Defender Antivirus.
- In the new window you choose the upper left corner, select enabled. Thus, the Defender will be disabled - yeah, right.
Alternative for Windows 10 Home
- Open the registry and navigate to the key:
Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender
- Click in the right pane, right-click on a blank area and select: New, DWORD (32-bit).
- Forgive the term: DisableAntiSpyware
- Double-clicks on the created entry and sets the value to 1.
- Starts Windows 10 again.
Windows 10 can then display the following warnings:
- Enable Virus protection: Virus protection is disabled. Tap or click here to activate Windows Defender.
- Protection from spyware and unwanted software.
Defender use alongside other antivirus
If the Defender is disabled, you can install the virus scanner of your choice. Normally can you described above use the Defender also next to your favorite antivirus. but in general you should not use two third-party virus scanners at the same time as these could interact and interfere. Often, the two recognize each other as malware and deliver to an endless struggle in the software world, so the hardware is utilized excessively.Did you "Windows 10: Defender disable (& with case Creators Update)" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software