It is the last resort: reset the computer to its factory defaults. but sometimes it does just that. We show how Acer users can connect to the Acer Recovery Management, a factory fresh system.
Acer Recovery Management: What is behind it?
The Acer Recovery Management software is preinstalled on all Acer computers and notebooks. Since Acer has set up a recovery partition on the hard disk, it is possible with the tool without DVD or other storage device the operating system or just individual drivers to reinstall.
Below, we explain how a full reset is performed to factory settings. Observed: Here all your files and programs are deleted. You can find the computer afterwards as before, as you experienced it when you first start.Start Photogallery(10 images)Which motherboard I have? find out the motherboard!
Reset Windows 7: Acer Recovery
- Click on the Windows button and give into the search field "Acer eRecovery".
- Click on the search result "Acer eRecovery Management".
- This will open the surface of the recovery management. Clicks left Restore.
- Click "completely reset the device to factory settings".
- Confirmed by clicking on "Yes" and "Start". Only mti another click on "OK", the process is actually started.
- The computer is restarted. After booting Click on "Next" to confirm that all personal data is deleted.
- Clicks start to "Yes" and "OK" the recovery process. This can take a few minutes.
- Thereafter confirmed by clicking "OK". The computer will restart again and is then ready for use and reset to factory settings.
can the whole operating system on the Acer Recovery Management, as well as individual drivers can be reinstalled.
Reset Windows 8: Acer Recovery
- Open the Charms, for example, via the keyboard shortcut Windows key + C.
- Clicks give into the search box and "Recover" a
- Click on the result of "Acer Recovery Management."
- Select "restore factory settings".
- Confirmed by clicking on "Next".
- Selects "hard drive completely empty".
- Click on "Reset".
The computer will automatically restart and begin the recovery process. After the end of the process the computer is restarted again and is then ready for normal.
Conclusion: Acer Recovery Management
You should exhaust all other possibilities before you reset the system to its factory settings. A virus attack can usually be removed with a good anti-virus program like Avira, distribute trojans with anti-spyware programs like Spybot. The Recovery Management also offers the opportunity to keep their own files and still reset the system. In Windows 8, this function is even integrated as a system tool. These milder variant of reinstalling the operating system is always preferable unless there are good reasons against it.
Posted In: software