If you connect a printer to the Fritz box, you can use it on any device on the network. That you may have made of the USB printer a network printer. We show you how to do it.
Unless your printer has a USB port, can you plug it into the USB port of the Fritz box.
Advantage: After setting up all network devices can print to the printer.4710Fritzbox with printer connect (AVM)
disadvantage For printers that are connected via USB to the Fritz box:
- Ink levels and other information for service can not be recalled.
- Instead the printer has to continue to be connected locally via USB to a computer.
If your printer has a LAN port or a wireless LAN function, you can also connect him / connect it.
connecting the printer to Fritz
- Opens the Fritz interface.
- Disables the USB remote connection, if your printer is set up for use with the Fritz-USB remote connection. Otherwise it does not work.
- Includes the printer via USB to the Fritz box.
- The computer you press the keys Windows + R.
- In the Run dialog you give control.exe printers a to the window devices and printer to open.
- Click on the button above Add printer and selects the second option: Add a network, Drahtlos- or Bluetooth printer.
- In the new window you click on the button The printer is not listed.
Selects this option.
- then selects the option Add printer using the TCP / IP address or hostname.
- at Hostname or IP address you give fritz.box and confirms.
Uses "fritz.box" as the host name / IP address.
- The Fritz box is now trying to identify the printer.
- If you window Additional Port Information Required is displayed, you activate the option below custom and click on the button Continue.
- Now give the printer manufacturer and model that confirms Continue and finally to Complete.
If the correct printer you is not displayed as a selection, you must install this before using the included software. Alternatively, you can find the printer driver on the website of the manufacturer.
connect wireless printer with Fritz
If you have a wireless printer, you must connect it via its interface usually only with your wireless network. By default, a unique IP address is then assigned to your printer.
Under certain circumstances, you must in the Fritz box settings Wireless, Security a check mark in Shown below active wireless devices may communicate with each other. However, this should be set by default.
Posted In: GIGA TECH