On YouTube, blogs and content management systems you can be content as "tags" indicate. But what are tags actually is and how to use them properly?
video | explains YouTube tags
What are tags?
Tags is pronounced Taek and means marked or signposted. It shows clearly well what are Tags:
- The Internet can provide their contributions or written articles with tags.
- Tags are then basically categories that roughly describe what it is about in the article.
Example: An author writes an article about "Being happy in everyday life". For this he is then tagged on "Happiness", "Everyday", "Guide".Here the tags in WordPress is entered.
Other users can then click on one of the tags to get more articles appear where it was also about the subject.
Although the Google search algorithm is smart enough now to realize what is at stake in an article are tags not superfluous. Especially on your website or on own content and tags ideally suited to provide its readers with added value.
One can be created on your own blog and tag clouds so the viewer to compare how popular a keyword is or how often it was used.A tag cloud as an example.
Thought experiment: What is a link? How would the Internet look like without links?
Difference: Tags and hashtags83337What is a Hashtag?
- Hashtags are used primarily on social media like Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.
- Them the diamond symbol is preceded by example: # happiness
- Tags, however, are usually only used locally on your own website.
- If you to a hashtag clicks, appear to you articles on the topic, which occur around the platform. These are other commentators or users that have used the hashtag in their post - it makes sense or not.
- If you to a day clicks, you see more articles on the subject that are on this website. Mostly these are then written by the same author or a small group of authors.
Unlike hashtags that anyone can use tags should only be used when one is on the subject / day also write more articles. Otherwise brings no added value one day.
Let's take the example aboveIf the author writes on his blog not another article about "happiness", he does not take the day. Because when readers click on the day you would see only one item in the search results, which you already know. That would be no added value.
Posted In: GIGA TECH