Install Mac OS in VirtualBox is not so simple. We show you how to first create an ISO file from MacOS Sierra and these can then set up Windows in VirtualBox as a virtual machine ..
Note: In the virtual machine with MacOS Sierra Sound is not working or is distorted. Otherwise, no further restrictions are known to us. Please note that here we work with the default installation paths of VirtualBox. If you have somewhere else installed the program, you have to adjust some commands under menu item 3 of the procedure.63854macOS Sierra: Top features in the video
update: With us the guidance and has in the end no longer works, is stuck in the installation window.Start Photogallery(23 images)macOS High Sierra: A look at more than 20 new features
Installing Mac OS in VirtualBox
Refer to the following instructions you can install VirtualBox Mac OS. We do this using the example of Sierra MacOS. The commands copied it with the mouse and then inserts it with you.Also MacOS can be installed in VirtualBox on Windows.
1. Create ISO file from MacOS Sierra
- You need a ISO file from MacOS Sierra. Borrow a Mac or ask a friend to download the DMG file from Sierra. Opens to the Mac App Store, search for &# 8220; Sierra MacOS&# 8221; and click on the download button.
Invite MacOS Sierra downloaded from the App Store.
- The download can take a few hours depending on how fast your Internet.
- After that, the setup wizard will start. Just close it.
- To convert the DMG file to an ISO file, you open the terminal. For this you press the Command + Spacebar keys, give in the Spotlight field terminal and clicks on the same search results.
So you open the terminal.
- Adds the following command into the terminal and confirms with Enter:
- hdiutil attach / Applications / Install \ macOS \ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint / Volumes / install_app
- This is the MacOS installer that you have downloaded, set up as a virtual drive.
- If you get the error message &# 8220; Resource busy&# 8221 ;, simply reboots.
- Now you give the command in order to create a blank disk image:
- hdiutil create -o /tmp/Sierra.cdr -size 7316m -layout SPUD -fs HFS + J
- Now you will mount this blank image with the command:
- hdiutil attach /tmp/Sierra.cdr.dmg -noverify -nobrowse -mountpoint / Volumes / install_build
- With the following commands we copy the Sierra system and other required files into the empty Image:
- asr -source restore /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg -target / Volumes / install_build -noprompt -noverify -erase
- cp rp / Volumes / install_app / Packages / Volumes / OS \ X \ Base \ System / System / Installation /
- cp rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.chunklist / Volumes / OS \ X \ Base \ System / BaseSystem.chunklist
- cp rp /Volumes/install_app/BaseSystem.dmg / Volumes / OS \ X \ Base \ System / BaseSystem.dmg
- Now, the virtual disks are removed:
- hdiutil detach / Volumes / install_app
- hdiutil detach / Volumes / OS \ X \ Base \ System
- The following command makes the image file that you have created it, an ISO file:
- hdiutil convert /tmp/Sierra.cdr.dmg -format UDTO -o /tmp/Sierra.iso
- Copies the ISO file to the desktop:
- mv /tmp/Sierra.iso.cdr ~ / Desktop / Sierra.iso
The Sierra ISO file.
- mv /tmp/Sierra.iso.cdr ~ / Desktop / Sierra.iso
- Copies the file to the Windows PC.
2. Prepare the virtual machine in VirtualBox
- Opens Windows PC VirtualBox and click New.
- As her name MacOS Sierra can enter. The operating system you choose from Mac OS X (64-bit).
Now the virtual machine for Mac OS Sierra is created.
- Click Next and follow the instructions. Provides attending memory (RAM) at least 4096 megabytes.
- Selects the next step disk generate from with VDI. Uses the fixed size and give you 25 GB of storage. You can call the hard drive MacOS Sierra. Follow the instructions.
- In VirtualBox you see the new entry of the virtual machine. Click it and it chooses Change.
- you removed the disk drive subsystem motherboard. Changes in the tab processor and provides here a minimum of 2 CPUs.
2 CPUs should do the trick.
- Changes in the menu display and provides the tab screen in graphics memory 128 MB one.
- Changes in the point storage and selects empty (CD-ROM) from. Right click it next to the optical drive on the small CD icon and choose file for optical media Select&# 8230; ,
Click here to set your ISO to the virtual drive of the virtual machine.
- Selects the ISO file with Mac OS Sierra and click Open and then click OK.
3. Configuring MacOS Sierra at the command prompt
In order for the MacOS Sierra thinks it is running on a Mac, some adjustments must be made. The easiest way with the following commands:
- Closes VirtualBox.
- Opens in Windows command prompt with administrator privileges.
- then executes the following commands and acknowledges with Enter:
- CD "C: \ Program Files \ Oracle \ VirtualBox \"
- VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "MacOS Sierra" --cpuidset 00000001 04100800 000306a9 7fbae3ff bfebfbff
- VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / config / DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3"
- VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / config / DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
- VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal / Devices / efi / 0 / config / DmiBoardProduct" "Mac 2BD1B31983FE1663"
- VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal / Devices / smc / 0 / config / DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal (c) AppleComputerInc"
- VBoxManage setextradata "MacOS Sierra" "VBoxInternal / Devices / smc / 0 / config / GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1
- Note that you get issued any confirmation of the orders.
4. Install MacOS Sierra in VirtualBox
- Open VirtualBox.
- Selects Sierra MacOS and click on the Start button.
- You see a lot of lines on the screen, some of which may also be interpreted as an error. Do not worry, that's ok. but the system should not hang more than 5 minutes.
Output like this when you start the virtual machine is normal.
- Later boots the operating system and you can select the installation language.
- Select in the list below German as the default language to use and click the right arrow.
First selects the disk utility.
- now selects the displayed list, the tool Disk Utility from, click Continue.
- Selects left the disk label VBOX HARDDISK and clicks above Delete.
Here you delete the hard disk and renames it.
- the hard disk Renames now Macintosh HD and let the other two settings as specified: Mac OS Extended (Journaled), GUID partition table).
- Click on the Delete button and closes the hint when done.
- Closes the window on the red X in the top left.
- Selected in the Installer macOS reinstall from, click Continue.
- UPDATE: Here the installation will no longer be continued with us: &# 8220; To macOS to load and restore the authority of your computer from Apple is verified.&# 8221;
The installation remains unfortunately hang out here with us.
- Selects and confirms Macintosh HD when you are asked for the location of the operating system.
- The installation can take a while. If you will not automatically booted into Mac OS Sierra, ISO file attempts to remove them from the virtual machine and close them if necessary abruptly.
- If the operating system boots, you will be prompted Time Zone to set the country etc.. After that you see the Mac desktop.
Also read how you can install on your Mac with Boot Camp Windows 10.
Posted In: software