To get to the Internet, you first need to set up your Internet connection and connect the router properly phone jack, DSL splitter and PCs. With all the cables, you often do not know what goes where. In this guide, we show how it connects to the router or wireless router correctly.95209Fritz box at the IP-based connection
Who wants to join a router that can sometimes lose track of all the clutter. We show how their router with phone jack, DSL splitter and PC networked correctly.
Routers connect - terminals, cables and equipmentRouter ports: the DSL, Power and LAN cables are connected to the back of the router. Source: AVM
Fritz box 7490 wireless router - Amazon Bestsellers*
If you connect a router to a DSL connection, you have usually following connections and devices:
- one phone jack (TAE) - subscriber with telephone and Internet
- a DSL splitter - divides data of the subscriber in DSL and telephone data on
- the router or wireless router - Internet and forwards the data packets to connected devices further
In addition, you have the following cables:Connect Router: The following cables are usually.
- a power cable to the router with power supply
- a TAE-F cable * - the connection between the phone jack and DSL splitter
- a DSL cable - the connection between the DSL splitter and the router (looks like a network cable, usually black or gray with marking, may (also with small (RJ11) and large cable end RJ45) * come)
- one or more network cable (LAN cable) * - the connection between the router and PC
- a telephone cable - for connection between DSL splitter and telephone
Connect Router - instructions with picturesConnect Router: This is what the basic cabling with routers, DSL splitter and telephone socket from. Source: Arcor
To connect the router, you make the following:
- Put first the power cord into the router and connect it to the power outlet. The power cable usually has a barrel connector and will only fit into a socket on the router, which is often characterized with power.
- Go to your phone socket and remove all cables connected to it, mark a precaution beforehand how the cables are connected there by you do about a photo.
- the TAE-F Take cable and inserted the smaller end to the left underside of the DSL splitter; the other end comes in the middle socket of the telephone socket.
- The DSL cable connects it with the right bottom of the DSL splitter and the DSL port of the router. This either has the same size as the network cable (RJ45) or is slightly smaller (RJ11). Either way, the correct cable should be present in the delivery of your router.
- Now the basic wiring is done. now connects with network cables the PCs to the LAN jacks on the router. If you have wireless devices in the home, you need not connect another network cable.
- Your phone could put on the front of her over the phone cable into the middle socket on the DSL splitter.
Note: If you run the telephone connections via the router let or whichever you have a connection (DSL / VDSL, cable connection via cable modem, IP-based connection, etc.) you have further or other cable with the router might. Looks in to the router's operating instructions, to connect the rest of the telephone cable according to your connection correctly.
What you should know about routers and WLAN:
- How can I read my wireless password? Here's how easy!
- WLAN strengthen and increase reach: tips and tricks
- Windows 10: Wireless not working - Here's yet
Posted In: software