With the Elephone P7000 the Chinese company has recently introduced a new smartphone, which wants to convince technically and economically. Elephone aiming with the P7000 and some other new models in the German market. Additional import fees but still on and in case of warranty you have to be lucky. The smartphone would have to be sent to China in the worst case again if the shop has no European stock. Our P7000 Smartphone was kindly supplied to us by Elephone directly for this test. The shipment has worked without problems, we had to carry even only about 50 € import charges. In this Elephone P7000 test we tell you whether the purchase from China worth.
Tester: Elephone P7000 from 230 € &# 8211; Manufacturer's product page
Elephone P7000 test photos
The Elephone P7000 is very high at first glance. The frame is made of metal and the brushed back plastic makes a good impression. But if one looks a little closer, here and there, the gaps as not quite correct. In the price range, but in which we move here, which is absolutely unacceptable. contrast is striking the not so compact. The 5.5-inch Elephone P7000 is almost as big as the 6-inch Huawei Ascend Mate 7. The smartphone is also quite heavy. Compact design now costs even more, which has the Asus CEO said at the time at an event and you're right here. As too big we would with 155 x 76.3 x 8.9 mm but not call at 5.5 inches, the Elephone P7000, it is not just the most compact smartphone in the market.
The back of the Elephone P7000 is made of plastic can be removed. Among them you not only get access to the two micro SIM slots, but also to the memory card slot. The internal memory of 16 GB can be used simultaneously with two SIM cards namely. And here already comes the first indication for future owners. The micro-SIM card of the first slot can not be inserted up to the stop. may be about 1 mm space between the battery and the SIM card. Otherwise, the SIM is not read. We thought the SIM slot would be broken, but it is easily solved unfavorable.
Another plus point receives the Elephone P7000 for the removable battery. This has a capacity of 3,450 mAh and should enable a high runtime. Combined with the dual SIM function runtimes are of loosely over one day in it. Sorry, no quick charge is present. In conjunction with the supplied 1A power supply, the charging time drags on long time of about 3.5 hours. On the back is not only the 13-MP main camera with LED flash, but also a fingerprint scanner found. This really works very well. Annoying is that you wake up the phone first and then you can use the scanner. Here we would have liked the solution of Huawei.
Over the 5.5-inch full HD display of Elephone P7000 there is a 5 MP front camera. In addition, the earpiece, a proximity sensor and a light sensor. All sensors do a good job. When dialed but the opposite sound a bit tinny. It even does not devolve perfect. For normal phone calls but perfectly adequate. The reception is very good with both modules. Also the WiFi and Bluetooth reception is good.
The GPS signal is detected quickly and the smartphone is so well for navigation.
Below the display is found in the middle of the Elephone P7000 a sensitive home button, which also acts as a notification light. Works with different colors perfectly. next to the right and left are two unlabeled sensitive buttons for Back and options. we also had only &# 8220; sensing&# 8221 ;. But if the entire size of the display is nevertheless exploited.
Something selected unhappy is the position of the Micro-USB ports at the top. When loading the Elephone P7000, the cable hangs over while leveraging. After all, the cable is slightly longer in itself than we are used to.
the microphone and speakers can be found at the bottom. The sound is okay, but the volume too low. In YouTube videos in a normal room without much noise you often choose the maximum volume, whereas in other devices the same volume is achieved at about 60%.
The delivery of the Elephone P7000 also includes a flip cover with a round neck. There, the time is indicating you can answer calls and control the music player. Unfortunately, this LED for notifications is covered. But if you can protect the screen and the back.
The Elephone P7000 comes with a large 5.5 inches IPS display and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The presentation is very good and the brightness absolutely sufficient. Even in direct sunlight you can still see something where the reflections are quite high, as with any smartphone. Included is a &# 8220; Premium tempered Glass 9H +&# 8221 ;, which we have applied directly. Actually, the display would have but even so by Gorilla Glass 3 be well protected. The colors look very natural, in the settings under display and Miravision the picture mode allows more optimized very many options. So every user finds the perfect setting for itself.
Inside the Elephone P7000 a MediaTek MT6752 8-core processor operates at 1.7 GHz per Cortex-A53 core, which are 3 GB RAM. In which hardly fitted surface performance is extremely good. It comes Android 5.0 Lollipop used. All apps and games start quickly and run mostly liquid. Only some of Gameloft games bucking for no apparent reason. There are after prolonged use also weakness. Where the smartphone partially unresponsive for several seconds, can not be send to the stand-by and not be unlocked using the fingerprint scanner. Everything will be sluggish and slow. Then just restart helps. Came with us as every two days ago. Should therefore be corrected, if possible with an update.
Like the Elephone P7000 performs in benchmark tests, you can see in the table below.
|Elephone P7000||Galaxy S6||HTC One M9||LG G4|
|Quadrant Standard Benchmark||20938||36091||28892||24441|
As mentioned above, the battery has a capacity of 3,450 mAh in Elephone P7000. The smartphone was used all the time with a T-Mobile and Tchibo SIM with dual SIM. One of the two cards can use the 4G or 3G network at the same time, while the other card then runs at 2G. In normal operation, so we came to a term of about 1 to 1.25 days. More was not possible. There is also an unsightly software error that appears at a remaining battery time of 15%. From there, the smart phone is only a few seconds available. Of course, was a nice surprise, as the smartphone suddenly rapidly degraded after having ventured with 30% evening out and was actually only about 1 hour running time in it. to load in between on the display of the remaining time is working properly again. The display-on time is about 4 hours. But hibernation is also consumed almost always 30% of the battery. That is definitely too much and ensures these mediocre runtimes fairly large batteries. Also for these problems would have her an update.
In addition to the performance and battery life, the camera is one of the most important features of a smartphone. In Elephone P7000 a 13 MP main camera is installed, which is supported by an LED flash. It is a Sony IMX214 sensor with f / 2.0 aperture. The quality of photos and videos can convince only in certain situations. Especially in bright and very dark situations, the sensor has his own difficulties. If you want to use the HDR mode as an aid, a tripod you have with you. Shutter lag is much too large and even lean to succeed almost no sharp photo. In normal mode, users need to type in almost any situation on the darkest place, so that the brightness balance is adjusted. Otherwise there will be only too dark, as you can see in our gallery. In HDR mode colors are often represented too pale.
If you have a situation but even perfectly in focus, the pictures look good. You have to stop to terms with the peculiarities of the camera and manual intervention. Here, too, an update might help.
The Elephone P7000 comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop and only a few adjustments. The performance of the system is thus very well. Nevertheless, as can be customize the appearance of the display, or the dual SIM function. There continues to program the fingerprint scanner, the ability to set gestures for when you switch the display or adjust the notification LED. Everything is visually integrated nicely into the system.
Gallery Elephone P7000 Tests - Conveniently and good?
- (Picture 1/69):Elephone-P7000 _04
- (Picture 2/69):Elephone-P7000 _03
- (Picture 3/69):Elephone-P7000 _02
- (Picture 4/69):Elephone-P7000 _05
- (Picture 5/69):Elephone-P7000 _06
- (Picture 6/69):Elephone-P7000 _08
- (Picture 7/69):Elephone-P7000 _07
- (Picture 8/69):Elephone-P7000 _01
- (Picture 9/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_12
- (Picture 10/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_06
- (Picture 11/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_05
- (Picture 12/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_04
- (Picture 13/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_07
- (Picture 14/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_08
- (Picture 15/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_11
- (Picture 16/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_10
- (Picture 17/69):Elephone-P7000 _09
- (Picture 18/69):Elephone-P7000 _10
- (Picture 19/69):Elephone-P7000 _21
- (Picture 20/69):Elephone-P7000 _20
- (Picture 21/69):Elephone-P7000 _19
- (Picture 22/69):Elephone-P7000 _22
- (Picture 23/69):Elephone-P7000 _23
- (Picture 24/69):Elephone-P7000 _25
- (Picture 25/69):Elephone-P7000 _24
- (Picture 26/69):Elephone-P7000 _18
- (Picture 27/69):Elephone-P7000 _17
- (Picture 28/69):Elephone-P7000 _12
- (Picture 29/69):Elephone-P7000 _11
- (Picture 30/69):Elephone-P7000 _13
- (Picture 31/69):Elephone-P7000 _14
- (Picture 32/69):Elephone-P7000 _16
- (Picture 33/69):Elephone-P7000 _15
- (Picture 34/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_03
- (Picture 35/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_02
- (Picture 36/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_07-HDR
- (Picture 37/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_06
- (Picture 38/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_06-HDR
- (Picture 39/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_07
- (Picture 40/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_08-HDR
- (Picture 41/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_09 zoom
- (Picture 42/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_08
- (Picture 43/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_05
- (Picture 44/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_05-HDR
- (Picture 45/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_02
- (Picture 46/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_02-HDR
- (Picture 47/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_01
- (Picture 48/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_03-HDR
- (Picture 49/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_03
- (Picture 50/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_04
- (Picture 51/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_04-HDR
- (Picture 52/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_09
- (Picture 53/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_10
- (Picture 54/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_18
- (Picture 55/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_18-HDR
- (Picture 56/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_17
- (Picture 57/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_19
- (Picture 58/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_20
- (Picture 59/69):Elephone-P7000 Software_01
- (Picture 60/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_21
- (Picture 61/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_17-HDR
- (Picture 62/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_16
- (Picture 63/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_12-HDR
- (Picture 64/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_11
- (Picture 65/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_12
- (Picture 66/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_13
- (Picture 67/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_15
- (Picture 68/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_14
- (Picture 69/69):Elephone-P7000 Kamera_01-HDR
Elephone P7000 Conclusion
The Elephone P7000 leaves a mixed impression. On the one hand you get a well-equipped smartphone at a low price, which also is very high quality still has a dual SIM function with LTE, microSD slot and functioning fingerprint scanner, on the other hand, some critical software ERRORS that should be resolved as soon as possible , Who imports the smartphone from China, also bears the risk of this having to send to China in an exchange is when the error is recognized at all. If you can live with the problems and risks that may like using Elephone P7000. We have the smartphone now for four weeks in use and are quite pleased. It would just be eradicated only annoying software errors.
Elephone P7000Satisfying70%08/2016Price: 230 €The Elephone P7000 confident in our test primarily by the competitive price and good facilities.advantages- Cheap price
- changeable battery
disadvantage- Software errors
Haptics / processing7display8thcamera5battery7performance7connectivity8thsoftware6Price-performance8th
Posted In: Android