From 5 to 20 September, the European Basketball Championship 2015. Germany rises occurs today against Turkey, the first reporting live. That ye may gain an overview of what happens on the court, you will find below an overview of the most important basketball rules.
In each League, z. B. within FIBA, NBA or NCAA, there are individual differences in each rule.
When Basketball are ten players, five per team, at the same time on the field. Unlike, say, the football must be changed several times, but the referee must actively be on the playing field replacement players. Here, the position may only be outside the regular game.13170NBA Live 16 Trailer E3
Basketball: Rules - double dribble, jump ball and more
- Goal in basketball is to get the ball dribbling and pass by in the basket on the opponent's side.
- As a rule, the basket hanging at a height of 3.05 meters.
- A normal throw brings two points is hit behind the three-point line, there are three points on free throws a counter.
- A complete game in the FIBA consists of four quarters with a playing time of ten minutes together in the NBA takes each quarter 12 minutes.
- A draw after regulation time an extension of five minutes is played until a winner is determined.
- is led the game by two officials. The first referee is responsible for the organization and game gives players the ball at free throws, throw-ins and Co.
- starting the game with a jump ball. Here, the referee tosses the ball at the center circle in the air, two opposing players try the ball from the air to a team-mate to pass.
Basketball rules summarized
- The ball may only be played with the hands. In the progression of the ball may be doing just dribbled, typed or rolled.
- After dribbling the feet may have only two ground contacts, before the ball fitted or thrown to the basket. The leg may be raised, but the ball must be made before putting the foot.
- If the ball is taken after a dribbling in the hand must not werdenn dribbled again
- The ball may not be played back by the opposing Hälfet in their own field in an offensive action.
Summary of the Basketball Rules: 3-second rule
- Any offensive action may a maximum of 24 seconds take. After each ring touch the basket and after each Steal, foot play or foul the opponent, the time restarts.
- On the defensive, the ball must within eight seconds transported from his own half into the opponent's court.
- Even with a near guarding the ball must be played within five seconds dribbled toward the basket or be thrown.
- If the throw, the ball may be held more than five seconds in the hand.
- During an attack, the attacking player must a maximum of three seconds are in the free-throw zone of the opponent. Here, the ball is irrelevant.
- For violations of the rules of time a throw-in takes place.
- If a ball thrown towards the basket, this must only be fought in the upward movement. The ball moves down towards the basket, it may be played only after a basket contact ( "goaltending").
Basketball: Rules for Fouls
When Basketball is a distinction between rule violations and fouls. In the above cases, it is usually transgressions that are punishable by a loss of the ball and throw to the opposing team. In the following cases, it is fouls that may have a loss of the ball, jump ball or free throw as a result.
- technical foul: Under a technical foul is understood unsportsmanlike actions that are not directly related to a physical contact. To the "Dirty Talk" provocations or any breach of official announcements can include. Technical fouls are committed by actors outside the court. There are about unsportsmanlike conduct by substitutes or the coach, these actions are held against the coach. After two technical fouls directly against the coach or three total T-fouls the coach is expelled from the hall. For the enemy, there are two free throws and throw-in from the center line.
- personal foul: Fouls that are in direct physical contact in connection are called "personal foul". These include disabling actions such as pushing, tripping, shoving, holding, clamps, shoving or blocking and other raw, aggressive playing styles on the body of an opponent. However, while it is important to distinguish actions of random body contacts.
- A personal challenge also includes defensive attacks, in which the body of the attacker is touched.
- In attacks such belongs. As the popping up on a defender, elbow attacks and pushing away the opponent with his forearm or the shoulder ahead of the offensive fouls.
- Five sanctioned within a game of fouls a player from the game Excluded is. Unlike a red card in football, however, the missing player may be replaced by a reserve player.
- In attack actions, there can be up to three free throws, depending on the action. These include union actions and actions towards the opponent's basket. If a player is fouled during the throw and a basket, meanwhile, achieved count the points at the same time free throws may be issued in addition.
Shipyard also a look at our overview of the most important football rules. In addition, you can download the DFB soccer rules as a PDF here.
Image Sources: Eugene Onischenko, dotshock, Aaron Amat
Posted In: basketball