Do you have a Microsoft account, such as a OneDrive- or Outlook.com account? Then you can use several beautiful Microsoft apps including Word Online. This web app does not offer all the features of the installable version (the main ones but included). For this, the documents are stored online in a cloud so you can access the files from your PC and your mobile devices. At these you can also work together with others. We show you what you have to do to be able to use Word online for free.
use Microsoft Office for free - online
use Microsoft account - Word Online
- To use Word Online (and other apps of Office online package), you need as mentioned a Microsoft account.
- If you already have an account, you visit the login page of Word Online and logs you a.
- Do you have an account yet? The following article shows you how you can create a Microsoft account.
- You're not sure you if you are already registered with Microsoft? Then go to the "Create Account" and click on "Not sure if you have an account?". Then you typed into the appropriate field of your e-mail address. Microsoft looks to for you if you are already registered. This is the case if you have already joined you in other Microsoft services, such as OneDrive, Outlook.com or Xbox LIVE.
What does Word Online?
- Word Online contains the most important functions of the installable version. In addition, the documents that created it in the online version, automatically stored in the cloud OneDrive.
- You can share your files with others and work together with them to the documents.
- You can your Word documents online with the Word installed 365 version open. For this, you click the top center in the relevant document on "Open in Word". The comprehensive program provides you more editing options.
test Office 365*
- You have from your PC and your mobile device access to the files. Per PC it's described on the login page of Word Online.
- An alternative is the installable version of OneDrive, which are available for various operating systems. Thus, you can access with multiple devices to your Word documents online. Nevertheless Word Online is fortunately free.
OneDrive for Windows (Vista and later)*
OneDrive for Mac*
OneDrive for Android*
OneDrive for iOS*
You might also interest you:
- use Word Justify correct and frustration-free - so you go
- Compare Word documents with Windows PC and Mac - how it works
- Insert Word boxes around text, image and page: how it works
Posted In: software