In Android you can activate GPS to help apps determine your location. This is useful for example in Google Maps. After that you can back off her GPS. We show you how both works on the smartphone.
Video Tip | The coolest free apps for your smartphone446240The coolest free apps for your smartphone
Basically, each application has access to your site when it calls this permission. This happens not only when the app is open, but also in the background - whether you realize it or not. You can or should therefore GPS off if you do not need it.
- How does it work? - Well, so here!
enable GPS & turn off
To activate GPS, making her the following:
- Wipes in Android with your finger from top to bottom to open the quick settings.
- Taps the Location button to activate or GPS either off.
- If the button is not in the quick settings at you, you tap on the gear icon in the upper right to open the settings. Scroll down a bit and tap on the menu item location.
- Above, you can set the switch to Off to disable GPS.
- Incidentally, you can also turn off GPS, but allow the location tracking enabled.
Tip: No GPS signal? - No problem!
Turn off GPS - enabled can Location
If you want to turn off only the GPS technology, you can too without compromising on the positioning:
- Tapping the menu location on mode. Alternatively you think longer pressed Location finger in the Quick Settings.
- So you see three options from which you can select one. This determines the type and accuracy of the positioning:
- High accuracy: Your smartphone uses GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and mobile networks to find your position.
- Power saving mode: GPS is off. Only Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and mobile networks are used.
- Only device: It is only used GPS for positioning.
- If you want to use a GPS so, but the positioning is required, then selects here sleep mode.
If you want to make fun of the apps, you can alternatively simulate a fake GPS signal.Did you "enable GPS & off (Android) - Here's how" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: Android