Microsoft indicates when the system requirements that Windows 10 as a 32-bit operating system requires 16 GB of storage. For 64-bit systems are, however, 20 GB, so 4 GB more. but the question is how big is Windows 10 after installation on the hard drive? How much space is actually occupied by a new installation? Here is the answer.
Microsoft indicates when the system requirements that Windows needs 10 16 GB hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit). But how much space occupied Windows on the hard disk after installation?
How big is Windows 10 after installation (Home and Pro)?
In the video we explain how great Windows 10 was to upgrade, new installation and install all updates from us:16361How big is Windows 10 to upgrade, installation & Updates?
Content - The size of Windows 10 to&# 8230;
- &# 8230; upgrade installation of Windows 7 from
- &# 8230; reinstalling Windows 10 Pro
- &# 8230; reinstalling Windows 10 Home
- &# 8230; install any applicable updates
- Our conclusion
Incidentally, if you should not have enough disk space for Windows 10, look here: Windows 10 requires more space? - So you get more.Windows 10 Pro 64-bit occupied immediately after an upgrade installation around 22 GB on the hard disk.
Size after upgrading from Windows 7
- We have installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a freshly installed Windows 7 PC as an upgrade.
- Windows 10 then took around 22 GB one on the hard disk.
- However, it should be noted that Windows 10 the old Windows still in the folder C: stores \ Windows.old, which you can delete separately.
- After deleting the folder we had about 3.4 GB more memory.
So if we remove the Windows.old folder of the 22 GB, Windows 10 occupies about 18.6 GB without the backup of the previous operating system. - This is a modern operating system in order. However, these memory sizes refer to an upgrade version of Windows 10th
Size after installation (Windows 10 Pro)
- So after that, we have our PC with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit again &# 8220; clean&# 8221; completely reinstalled.
- So an old Windows Backup was gone too.
- As we have seen in Windows Explorer after the disk space allocation, Windows 10 was big on the hard drive 9.25 GB.
Size after installation (Windows 10 Home)
- As a check, we then installed on a computer Windows 10 Home 64-bit scratch.
- The operating system took about 9 GB after installation, or about as much as the newly installed Pro version.
Size after installing incurred Updates
- After 10 Pro we had all the updates in Windows installed that were available (as of October 2017), Windows 10 was around 19 GB.
- About Disk Cleanup, we have deleted old update backups. After that occupied Windows 10 only about 12 GB.
If Windows 10 is with you at once more storage space, which may be due to updates and update backups that Windows 10 creates during its installation. In addition, it plays a role as shown above if you have reinstalled 10 or newly set up Windows. Even programs and entries are of course taken over by the upgrade, which then occupy on the hard drive more space.Did you "How big is Windows 10 after installation?" like Robert Lair?Write us in the comments or share the article.We look forward to your opinion - and of course you must like us on Facebook,twitter or Google+.
Posted In: software